1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Most MM's won't have time for everybody, and often they have very specific requirements for them to MM a trade. Make sure you are talking with a real one, for all of the MM's get impersonated by loads of accounts daily.
  2. 777_

777_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72568660
    Q: Which MM do middleman stuff for game codes. I am interested in buying a game code for the new game Overwatch and wanted a MM to help with the trade.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Not the place to ask. SR does NOT have any MM.
  4. Syphilis

Syphilis Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19567401
    I was marked as a scammer many years ago by UTC. I tried several times to appeal as my account was hijacked at that time. I never got that report lifted. Now UTC is no even longer up and running, but report is still there. What can I do ?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You can appeal here at SR - just have the support ticket screenshots ready to add to that appeal as they will be asked for.
  6. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62362156
    A few days ago I updated an appeal thread I started a few months back but haven't had any mods respond on it, do they know it's still active or do I need to contact someone?
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    They'll get to it when they get to it. Appeals are generally handled first in first out. You're not forgotten, just waiting in line.
  8. Erami

Erami New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63472534
    How to give good rep or report? I can't understand this site at all. FAQ didn't help
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    You dont, at least not on steamrep, we track users reported for fraud and banned by partner communities.
  10. Seferoth13

Seferoth13 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53683001
    Hello! There`s a scam report that is no updating since march. Could you tell me please what is the reason?

scam report
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Edward. and Roudydogg1 like this.
  12. [V]es[L]o

[V]es[L]o New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18329550
    Q: I've been discussing a trade with certain person that I thought is legit. It turned out to be another attempt to scam though. I have few screenshots saved (just from today) but I am not sure if that would be enough. Is there a point to submit a scam report for this person (or actually for 2 accounts since it's usually done like that) if both of these accounts have "FoG SCAMMER" tags associated with their profiles? Would my report do anything since I am not even sure I have enough screenshots? Thank You very much for any help and I hope it was OK to ask about this here.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    I would always report even if you dont think you have enough for a report to be accepted or the user(s) are already tagged. Any possible appeal by the user(s) the appeal admin will always see and lookup any invalid or old cases on them. It could make a difference if the admin is on the fence to grant or not.
  14. Dwarden

Dwarden New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:201121
    Would be possible to add game-bans indicator (counter) to the profile itself and also to the friend-list summary in similar way with VAC bans ?
    several reasons (game-banned accounts are blocked from refund, transfer of ownership, items trade and so on)
    I understand it's not as 'useful' as VAC ban (due to missing detail from what publisher/developer/party the game-ban was issued)
    yet it has important additional value of 'problem(s)' related to the account
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    What do you mean with blocked from "transfer of ownership" ??? Steam's TOS prohibits transfer of accounts to other people etc. for all accounts.

As for the number of VAC bans... I don't think its really relevant outside knowing they used some cheating program to cheat in some game. There is no way for us to determine if this was in "Farming Simulator" or in "CS:GO".

I'm not even sure if the API even returns the # of bans.
  16. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    It returns days since last VAC ban, and the number of VAC bans. As well as days since last game ban, and the number of game bans.
  17. (Voice) PiRowe

(Voice) PiRowe Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75995152
    After I make a repayment, how long does the process of going through the rest of the "Steamrep Ban" appeal take? Just out of curiosity. Thanks!
  18. (Voice) PiRowe

(Voice) PiRowe Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75995152
  19. A shady furret

A shady furret Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47990669
    Eyho! Been waiting for my appeal for 1 year and 2 months, and I was just wondering;
    Do you guys portfolio appeals after a while? Like, 1 year, 2 years etc.
    Will appeals like these get looked into and do you have planned a system to get through backlogs easier?

(Sorry for having to ask. Lots of love and respect your way~.)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691