1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Bad Fishie

Bad Fishie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52044210
    Hello there, what can I do with these unconfirmed reports I've got on my account 3 years ago?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Bad Fishie

Bad Fishie New User

Steam:
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  5. Bad Fishie

Bad Fishie New User

Steam:
  6. Kawaiidin

Kawaiidin Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34431920
    I heard that in some cases certain tags could possibly get removed say if the community isn't around anymore, and there wasn't enough proof in the first place. Is this true and how long would it take for something like that to happen?
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    This is hopefully relevant

Defunct Community Appeal Process / "Legacy Ban"
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-policy-changes-for-2016.119548/
  8. Rake

Rake Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71452716
    Hey. I was wondering if you can make a report on someone for giving fake rep on another person's profile?
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  10. Rake

Rake Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71452716
  11. osuka_

osuka_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37874802
    I've known for a while now that steam profile rep is worthless - but what are some good trading communities where I can start building rep (get a rep thread, if that means that)?
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    There are some listed on the front page of SteamRep.com
  13. osuka_

osuka_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37874802
    Thanks! Should've probably seen that one coming
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Here's something that's been bugging me for a while:

I often see reports where the scammer gets their item, then immediately removes the victim while they're saying "hey where'd you go" or something along the lines. While this is usually the case, how do we not know it was the supposed victim that removed the other user so they could ruin get the other person in trouble?

So for example, I give a TF2/CSGO key to a guy so that he can give me a giftable item. Once I give them the key, I remove them, type in "wtf why'd you remove me?", then quickly snapshot it and report them. Sure I lost an item, but I also just ruined someone's reputation. How can you tell if someone does this?
  15. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    In your specific scenario, the biggest factor, and probably the most obvious, is when the accused replies in the report against them. Putting yourself in the shoes of that other person, wouldn't you think something is up? If the accused absolutely didn't follow up after that, then it would not end in their favor, but they always jump in to defend themselves before the report is accepted. Plus, that's the kind of case which would quickly get caught in an appeal prescreening. But nothing else we can conclude if the accused never drops in to defend themself.

More generally, we have had cases of similar nature. Not always as blatantly fraud as what you described, but it quickly becomes clear the reporter doesn't want their items or money, and only cares about "revenge". Following the letter of our rules, a scam took place when a trade agreement was broken and not corrected. Whomever prevents the agreement from being completed is at fault, so in cases where it's undeniable the accused had no intention of scamming, and reporter refuses to cooperate, I conclude they got free items. Yes, that has happened. In your specific case, once the accused replied and gave their side, it would quickly surface that someone is being framed. It should also be said: Faking evidence or otherwise fraudulently harming someone's reputation will earn you a tag yourself. Only takes 1 time, then all your accounts are marked and then blocked from submitting any scam reports ever again.
    Sari likes this.
  16. Flugan

Flugan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28624031
    hey Admin i have a Vac ban since 1900 days ago. it was on other game than csgo but now i was making an account on the faceit site and it dont work i have logged on with my steam account but when im ready to connect it just say's that an error has accured please help me
  17. Flugan

Flugan New User

Steam:
    it sayd something that if i have a vac ban i need to contact somebody so they can activate my account
  18. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    this is not the faceit site, If you are having an issue with the faceit site, contact the faceit site
  19. Flugan

Flugan New User

Steam:
    what where is the teamwork you all bleong to the cs go community but no teamwork lol i delete my acc here
  20. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Contact "somebody" doesn't mean just anyone in the CSGO community, but someone who works on the faceit site. Nobody here has anything to do with the faceit site, and hence nobody here can help you.

If you're complaining about the VAC ban, nobody here has anything to do with that either. We aren't part of Steam Support, and we have no ability to overturn those.