1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Feature for tracking down a scammer should be added

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Arkelutious TM | trade.tf, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Today I was added by a scammer. I played around with him a little bit and took a few screen shot of chatting.
    After he knows I know he is a scammer, he blocked me. I think a feature where it shows who "recently chatted" with u or at least who "recently removed/blocked you from his friend list

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your screenshots are concerning about how you say you will use a code and not give the item.. that in itself is bad.
    I don't see this user being in any form showing any type of scam or attempted scam...in fact YOU appear to be the one looking bad here since you are DEAD wrong about not being a scam if you were the one that is sending the code first..that is just completely stupid.

You mentioned a feature for tracking down whoever... you didn't say nothing about that.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Sounds to me like you were trying to explain why "codes" are bad to trade with. But I don't really understand your idea for a feature.
  4. No I said it goes both way
  5. What I meant to say is if you know someone is going to use the code without giving you the item, and THEN still send him the code is just stupid, but since he blocked me so I have no way to explain on the screen shot. And by the way, looks like he add random people a lot be cause if you do see the comments of his profile, there is basically 2 pages of people asking him why does he add them
  6. My idea is if you can see who has recently chatted with you, it will be much easier to track down a scammer after blocking u, get it?
  7. ✘ Le Magician ✘

✘ Le Magician ✘ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:181300429
    It sounds like an okay idea,
    I am not sure if I would agree with what you are doing.

Yes it really does sound concerning, I don't think this was executed the best way.
  8. A scammer will most likely block you after unable to scam you, and since there is no way to find this guy because scammer change there name frequently, or have some really strange name/in different languages, if you can see who has recently blocked you(The scammer is this cause) which can lead you to his profile, it will help a lot to track down a scammer and report him
    I have created a thread before but it doesn't serm like anyone understand what I'm trying to say, my fault.
  9. If some random guy walk to you and say hey, give me your unusual I will give you steam wallet code, will you trust him? And okay, even pyrojoe did a video said that if someone offer you a trade saying that steam wallet code is always a scam. And why did he BLOCKED me after the "non scam attempt "?
  10. Any way I did another thread, that explained it well enough I think
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    naw I merged these - don't need to make another..can be discussed here.
  12. So this is my idea: by adding an option to show who blocked you(the scammer in this cause) which and led you to his/her profile, it will be much easier to track him down since he either have a name in a different language, some random symbols, or changed his name so it's impossible to find him on home page of steam community
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Just because someone blocked you doesn't mean they are a scammer...I've blocked many users.
    As for knowing if you were involved with a user or not - that is what your activity feed is for.
  14. Still don't get what I mean? Okay I never say that people who block users are scammers, I'm saying that scammer will definitely block you after weither the scam attempt succeeded or not to prevent you from finding his profile to click that "report" bottom. Get it?
  15. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    You can still report them tho
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I understand what you are saying but you shouldn't be this blind at the end of a trade anyway - you should always research a user your trading with prior to and take screenshots. You can always delete them later - at this point you've already saved who you are talking with some where.
    You are giving suggestions for way after the fact when you should be more pro-active vs re-active.
  17. I didn't get scammed, nor he did
  18. I can't find his profile that's the thing
  19. By the way this guy fall for a steam wallet scam

Attached Files: