1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

[IDEA] Being able to show your alt accounts.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by JustFluxz, Jan 1, 2017.

1. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60165287
    I think it would be pretty cool to be able to show your alt accounts on your SteamRep page, but you would need to prove that it is you first. I am fairly transparent online and I like to have people know what they are dealing with so I would think it was a cool idea to possibly be implemented. I have my alt accounts linked on my profile on Steam but is often missed. Just thought I would share my ideas, most of my ideas have been shot down so far lol.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I see no viable reason for this. You can list them if you like on your steam profile but that is you saying this.
    In fact I don't even suggest doing it since many scammers will say its their account just to impersonate another users "Inventory" or "storage".
    This idea is full of more holes than a fly swatter.
  3. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60165287
    I figured as much, I just thought if there was a way to go through a series of tasks to prove the accounts were yours it would be nice to be another method of preventing impersonators. I have been trying to figure out ways to prevent scammers and such instead of just banning them when they come as scammers will just persist with other accounts. I have had my fair share of people trying to scam me and it definitely is not fun lol
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    When an accused user is marked and banned, we list their alternate accounts publicly on SteamRep and also mark their alt accounts.
  5. .exe

.exe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:185629251
    Interesting, I like how SteamRep is really good at digging up info about a particular person. Amazing haha, like how do you even find someone's alt account. By IP?
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    by... asking very nicely!
  7. .exe

.exe New User

Steam:
    Ahh right, (Sorry?) just curious about how it works. Wonder if my alt is attached to my main haha.
  8. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    SR doesn't share how they find alts, its completely private.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  9. .exe

.exe New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I have taken notice of that, "We are not allowed to share how we find alts by policy". Just thinking about how effective is the system, considering my alt........
  10. .exe

.exe New User

Steam:
    +Adds
    I'm actually curious how my previous scammer doesn't have his main linked, considering he's been marked by steamrep.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You THINK its a users main or other account but many times users are seeing what someone wants you to see and perhaps impersonating that user.
    Without certain things showing 100% that they are linked we won't touch them. Some users have even said after they were banned/tagged that other accounts were theirs when they were not - only to frame the other users to their tags.

System is pretty effective but only as effective as we use it and how we use it.
    NikosoikonomouX likes this.
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Personally, I use unicorn magic for this.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    The Force is strong with that unicorn :rolleyes:
  14. .exe

.exe New User

Steam:
    Nah, he was not impersonating. Just being himself. Surely he has a vault or even his main to store all of his scammed items, maybe he's just a smart scammer.