1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Who actually takes this site seriously any more?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DieselBlue☆, Feb 6, 2017.

1. DieselBlue☆

DieselBlue☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33173726
    [​IMG]
    So you reject my appeal because the defunct and corrupt community admins rejected my appeal twice (Admins like to say multiple times to put emphasis on such a meaningless accusation against my case ) despite lecturing to me about how you are separate from these communities.

But then you also change my offences from "1. Impersonation" to "Impersonation with intent to scam" when you literally have no evidence at all. In fact you did that when I proved I didn't even trade anyone during the 5 minute joke.

It's not like this site means much anyway, I can trade just fine with other people and they don't give a rat's ass about what this site and it's shady admins say about me or other people. I recently traded my BOA frostbite for a BOA Morning glory despite the person knowing I was banned here and they said they don't care what this corrupt site says about people.

Then you have the terrible reputation this site has gained now.

There is a reason when you search into google just "steam rep" the second and third highest search options under this website is:
    Why SteamRep Should No Longer Be Used
    Steamrep, something needs to be done about how bad they manage...

This site has lost all credibility and I honestly couldn't care less what happens about my ban. Knowing you admins you'll ban me for this post because you have got to censor any opposing feedback and deem it as trolling and or as Thoraxs likes to say "a vendetta" to minimise criticism.

But I didn't expect much from admins who break their own policies and act like ass holes to everyone else. And with that said and also the what? 4 Admins processing over 300,000 individual cases. I can safely conclude this site is beyond meaningless and a annoying plugin that calls you a scammer that literally no one cares about.

Diesel out

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You don't care what happens to you yet you post this...ok

You throw accusations but nothing to back them...ok

300,000 individual cases? Where did you come up with that inflated figure?

For someone that does not care as much - sure does seem like it.

Horse out
    Edward. and Roudydogg1 like this.
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Lava likes this.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    You must be new here, never happened before.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/ #8 alternative fact?
    I count 6 admins and 2 mods just in reports alone, if you counted every tag + report, you are still off by a good 220,000ish alternative fact 2?
    TWS is no longer a thing (and has not been for over a year) we dont care, alternative fact 3?
    SR no longer has any MM. I am an a✿✿✿✿✿✿. Report poaching is not acceptable. Unable to go into detail but what you see in any particular thread report/appeal is just a part of the public case, we have many tools and internal evidence threads where we collect additional details I wish I could say more on this but its not possible.

yoto out
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    SteamRep takes a lot of public criticism but definitely doesn't attempt to censor it. Instead, we do our best to respond to criticism and answer questions regarding our procedures and policies. The fact that we take a lot of heat means that Steam community users often value the information that we provide, and if they believe that there is something wrong with what we are doing, they call us out for it. In fact, a lot of our policy changes were the results of listening to external feedback.

Unlike what you said, SteamRep is more than "4 Admins processing over 300,000 individual cases". We're constantly improving how we manage our case load, and we've been making steady improvements. All new reports are looked at (and often resolved) within 48 hours of submission. Click here to see all reports that have a "Pending" or unreviewed status. Currently newest pending report is from August 9th, 2016, with every report after that having been reviewed. We are also churning through old reports, though there are a lot of them.

All of our staff are volunteers who spend a significant portion of their free time sincerely trying to make Steam community trading a safer place for everyone. Marking scammers is only part of what we do - the rest of it is community education. This education can come in the form of a simple guide explaining types of scams and instructions on how to recover from a hijack or in the form of working with Steam game communities to reach out to more users. Oftentimes educating new users is more useful than marking individual scammers. We try our best to do both. Sometimes, we can't provide details about how we retrieve certain information and evidence, but that is because revealing said methods would render them useless in the future.

I'm here because I believe that part of my free time is best spent educating people about the risks of virtual trading and denying scammers any profit from their attempts. I genuinely believe that SteamRep has and will continue to make a positive impact on the trading community. Instead of trying to invalidate SteamRep with anecdotal references, might I suggest that you provide constructive criticism on how we can improve?

That said, I have no knowledge of what is going on with your appeal as I am not an appeal admin, but I hope it gets resolved.

Gentle... out?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Roudydogg1 and Edward. like this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Think the 300.000 may be regarding the # of "messages" in the reports section, foregoing that its only ~75000 "discussions" (read: rough number of reports that may or may not have been accepted (yet)).

As for the rest of it, misinformed, wrong, whatever. I see nothing realistic being made into a point in the post, so no disproving any either. Especially after name calling and whatnot, so this topic was not intended for discussion anyhow.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 and schmed like this.
  8. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    Care to make a argument instead of saying "wrong"
    Would also love to know why my reason for my ban was changed from "Impersonation" to "Impersonation with intent to scam". You clearly have no evidence that I even tried to trade with anyone and your reason for keeping my ban on is because "I appealed twice on MCT" which is a terrible excuse to keep it on seeing as the community is defunct.
  9. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    Why? What more can I receive than a scam ban? Are you threatening something else, because you are implying so. If you want to ban me from these forums for expressing my opinion go ahead, it will only hurt you more.

I've done enough backing my claims on here, no one seems to listen or even acknowledge my evidence
    I couldn't be bothered to find the number again because either way the point that the staff here are over loaded with work is true, yet the excuse is always "we are working on it".

I have realised how little this site impacts the game play of TF2, and because I don't trade much any more because of the new rubbish trading system I don't care that much. However, I do want to let the people on this site know how poorly you handled my case. And I amongst many others feel the same way. Maybe it's about time Valve started doing their job instead of 3rd party websites that can easily be misguided/corrupted.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The ban reason may have been changed to reflect exactly that of which you did - evidence still there.
    Offenses:
    1. Impersonation 76561197993753022 on his own unusual trade server with intent to scam: http://i.imgur.com/77zpq.jpg

You can ignore the facts all you want but its right there plain as day. The comm may be defunct but that doesn't mean since the evidence is STILL there and we have backups of it..that the tag would be removed.

As for discussing the appeal/tag or whatever that has already been done so lets keep on topic since we won't be revisiting the tag or a new appeal.
    MCT denied it twice then...we denied it here - seems like you had a TON of chances more so than many others.

You cant be bothered huh.. yet its so much of an issue you are all over it. Take a look at the reports section and appeals section...very very caught up in fact that I know that every report that comes in gets a response with the appeals backlog well under control also.
    Don't believe me...peak at my post history cause I'm doing 50+ reports here a day while the others are grabbing the older (most likely invalid) reports and cleaning them up.
    You have no idea what is going on...ZERO.
    Enstage, Roudydogg1, Edward. and 2 others like this.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    [​IMG]
  12. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    Impersonation for 5 Minutes, no proof I traded or even attempted to trade with someone else = attempt to scam. Right. So I guess anyone who changes their name to any TF2 youtuber, admin or anyone famous is automatically a scammer. This is laughable really.

The fact that Pinktaco was the admin on that server was my mistake and I didn't even know, the map had his name on it and I had heard of him before on youtube, I wanted to see how people would react on the server to the man himself joining.

Just think, If I was actually trying to abuse his name to scam for my own benefit/cause damage.
    1. I would have stayed on the server for a lot longer.
    2. I would have tried or even attempted to trade with someone, using his name to potentially get free items or "scam" which you accuse me of with 0 evidence except that I changed my name for 5 minuets.
    3. I would have done malicious actions during the impersonation.

I don't get why the amount of times I've tried to appeal matters at all yet you keep bringing it up. When I was appealing in 2012 at mct I was 13 years old. I had no clue what the f✿✿✿ was going on or how to get any proof of my innocence so of course I f✿✿✿ed it up. I keep trying because I know I'm innocent and what pisses me of the most isn't the fact I'm still banned for the most laughable reason. Is that YOU changed the reason without ANY proof that I attempted to scam.

Please, give me a screen shot that proves I was even trying to trade with someone (or was trading with someone)/ doing something bad etc with his name. I bet you cannot and will over look this point and ramble about how the # of attempts of someone trying to get rid of their ban is an important policy of this website.

As of now, your only reason for saying I am a scammer is because I copied someones name for 5 minutes 5 years ago. Try not to laugh at that reason either.
  13. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so I didn't change anything - Keep on topic - and that being NOT involving your appeal or appeals.
    You were told you've appealed and been denied...deviate from the topic again towards that and this thread will be closed.
    We are happy to discuss why you think others don't take this site seriously but not make it a soap box for your rants/issues with past appeals process.
    Thanks!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  15. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Just to give a little more context on the sudden change in notes, in reviewing defunct community tags, I reviewed not only whether evidence existed to support the tag, but also whether we had enough information about the original offense, which is sadly missing from some of them.

In your case, there was a vague note about impersonation, but more details and evidence in hidden notes. The purpose of a tag isn't punishment, but to warn the community about you so they can make an informed decision whether or not to trade with you. I can't do that without a clear explanation of what you did, so in the interest of transparency I adjusted the public note to explain why you got marked. As it turns out, with your 2 prior appeals at MCT before they went dark, your case was scrutinized a bit more, hence SteamRep still had satisfactory documentation for your case despite the community shutting down.

Hidden Content:
    schmed likes this.
  16. Emunator

Emunator New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64241477
    To answer your question in the title (Which your post seems more like a rant rather then reflecting your actual title question.)

I'd say a fair amount of people take this site seriously, and this can be seen very factually.
    Numerous servers use the SR plugin to block scammers from joining the server, so all those servers take this site and it's judgement seriously. (And by numerous, I mean alot, from the ones i've joined anyway)

There are ton and tons of reports on the site, both already completed and loads still being looked at, so those guys making the reports clearly take the site seriously.

Not to mention the people who are marked making appeals. (Including yourself)
    If someone is making an appeal then they too also take the site seriously, otherwise they'd wouldnt make the effort to attempt to remove the tag.

Infact you said it yourself, the amount of people who take this site seriously:
    An exaggerated number, but the point is the same, clearly those '300,000' people take the site seriously enough to make the cases in the first place.

Hopefully that answers your question in the title on who takes the site seriously. ;)
  17. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    It's interesting that always the marked/banned scammers are going on a long rants about SteamRep, and this can go on Reddit or in SteamRep's general discussion. Not to mention most of the people who are joining the hate train on SteamRep are mostly scammers and scammer alts furious that their lucrative scamming business came to an end because of SteamRep and they're now labeled as Banned scammers in the "trading community".
    Most of these malicious people don't take SteamRep that serious, they're only trying to appeal so they can get unbanned and continue on with their malicious activities. There will be always people hating and judging any organization they can or want to express some kind of anger even if that organization is SteamRep who does a really good job for the trading community. But these people who are hating and making fake accusations that SteamRep is "corrupt" what are they really doing? Are they contributing any good in the trading community? Are they helping newcomers to help protect themselves against all these malicious users? - No they don't.
    The same people I mentioned are going on big rants on Reddit trying to "prove" some point but in the end they're just expressing their anger towards SR just because they got banned as they say "for no reason" or in this case a "laughable reason".

Seeing all these excuses in the appeals section from these banned users is so lame and disgusting at the same time for me at least, interesting how most of them say "I made a mistake" but how are they only seeing their mistake when they get banned? Why can't people see "that mistake" when they're planning to scam somebody before the actual scam?

Just because SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve that doesn't mean that SR is not legitimate or it doesn't mean much as you say. Just because you "google" something on the internet and some rant is the highest search option that doesn't mean it's true.
    Yes SR lacks manpower but there is a reason for that too, it's not that easy to find a bunch of legitimate volunteers to work hours and hours a day to process so much reports and appeals as you think. But you probably don't understand this because you are not dedicating most of your time for a volunteer work where you help others and the "trading community" without getting money for it.

Oh almost forgot to conclude my reply with a cool ending to it:

Edward out
  18. I actually agree, but there's nothing we can do about it, like serious talk, we're one in 1.000.000 people that criticize this site, but u have 2 hand it to them, we aren't cut out to prove their mistake. Overall, this is a non-profit site which run on donation, so just give it a break, no one's going 2 care for us.
    HF with this post.
  19. bobai

bobai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:193247676
    Oh God...
  20. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    Care to share these "hidden notes"?
    The purpose of the tag is clearly a punishment. Whilst you can pretend communities take time to look into each case of a person who joins their servers/websites most if not all just out right instantly ban anyone with a caution/scammer tag if it is found on here, and you don't get a word about it. I was banned from lethal gaming servers, which were my favourite servers to play custom maps (not even trading servers), they told me that they were sorry and I had to get my mark removed from here before I could appeal from theirs. It isn't an informed decision at all, "it's who ever is banned on there is banned here, I don't care why."

I would also love to hear about the extra scrutiny that was apparent in my previous appeals.
    From what I understand all I did was change my name first to "pink taco" which isn't the exact copy for 2 minutes, and then too his exact name for another 3. I didn't change my avatar, I didn't try to trade anyone, I didn't do anything un-reputable.

This goes hand in hand with why this site shouldn't even be taken seriously, not only is my ban a bad joke. None of the admins discussed the ban with me at all, you just changed the reason to call me a scammer and have 0 evidence for it. What site should have the credibility and audacity to call themselves a trustworthy rep site and then have the ability to ruin someones reputation and call them a scammer with 0 evidence.

Wow this is such a arrogant response.
    Why do you think the people who are effected by this site negatively are the one's complaining? I agree, people who are banned legit for scamming should be banned and have no reason to complain. But what about the people who are marked unfairly? You just get to ignore their argument because "steam rep calls them a scammer so they have no argument".

I've noticed a lot of you like to blow over arguments and valid criticism of steam rep as "hate" as some pathetic excuse to carry on the way you are and not improve.

Have you ever considered someone maybe un aware of steam rep in the first place? If a new player/trader joined a server, didn't know anything about steam rep or that changing your in-game steam name to someone else (which is trivial to do and doesn't violate any of steam's own rules) is able to land them a ban on some 3rd party website they don't even know which in turn bans them from multiple other servers and websites permanently that they or may not even use.

It's honestly people like you that are so arrogant and follow this mentality (once a scammer always a scammer) or in steam reps case (once you change your in game steam name to someone else you are always a scammer) that really makes talking to the admins here incredibly difficult.
    They've made their own mentality that anyone who is banned by them must be a scammer. And anyone we call a scammer is an evil person.