1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Cannot trade due Steamguard not enabled for 15 days minimum.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Ku Shin, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ku Shin

Ku Shin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54260911
    I be Banned From someone people,and now im trying to trade with someone but see that notice : You must enable Steam Guard before you can start a trade. Enable Steam Guard from the Settings window.
    Then i go Settings to do it,and try to trade again.But now steam notice : You cant trade with .....
    Can help me? :((
  2. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
    If you just enabled steam guard you must now wait 15 days in order to trade again. Or thats my understanding of the new policy.

"Starting December 12th, Steam Trading will require that your account has had Steam Guard enabled for the last 15 days before you can trade items"
  3. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    This is correct, to prevent people from making alts for scamming an account must have been active with Steam Gaurd for 15 days at the very least.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Moved it to general discussion.

and altered title due it being pretty unclear on subject "help me pls!!".
  5. bLuzeMyMm

bLuzeMyMm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36707795
    Same problem :( Steam Guard is always open.Why is such a thing? Please help me. :(
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    We are not able to help anyone with this issue.
    You have to enable Steam Guard and wait 15 days.
    Dronefly likes this.
  7. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Ok, im sorry to do it like this, but steam did give enough warnings.
    I'll just quote:

"Steam Guard has to be active for 15 days (as they did anounce awhile ago, you had to make sure you activated it before 12/12).
    I am assuming you didn't activate it, meaning you now have to wait 15 days before you can make another trade (security reasons perfectly launched together with the community market)

So to put it simple:
    - You had to activate SteamGuard
    - You didn't
    - You now have to wait 15 days before being able to trade again"
    Dronefly likes this.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

The actual solution is to activate SteamGuard:
    • Open steam.
    • Go to top right, and click "Steam", and select "Settings":
      [​IMG]
    • In this dialog screen, make sure that the "Contact Email" is "Verified" by letting it send you a email, and you confirming the email by clicking on the sent link by Valve.
      [​IMG]
    • Once your email is verified, make sure via the "Manage Steam Guard account security" button that its ENABLED:
      [​IMG]
    • With the optional tick box "Deauthorize all other computers now" you can remove steam guard access to any other computer (requiring them to use a steam guard code to activate).
    • Wait after done the above for 15 days to be able to trade again or use the Steam Market place.
    Notes:
    If you have been hijacked, and steam support restored your access, you won't be able to trade till you have had steam guard enabled for 15 days.
    Once steamguard is set to enabled, it doesn't mean its activated, it takes 3x logging into steam after been verified with your email.
    [WP] VenGanZa and Black Adder like this.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Because reading is hard.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

hello, I didn't "read" you, what did you write? maybe you should use a bigger font. Yeah, sorry, I've lost my 20x magnifier.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Is there a way to like this several times? After a long day at work this made me laugh.
  12. bLuzeMyMm

bLuzeMyMm New User

Steam:
    Always open to steam guard. but I still gave this error. I do not understand anything. :(
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

edited title to say that it must be 15 days minimum enabled to trade...
  14. bLuzeMyMm

bLuzeMyMm New User

Steam:
    Yes, I understood it. It was not anything like this before. Was the first time. Is there a problem?
  15. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

It was being told to anybody trading in the past ~2 weeks after/during a trade in the window. If you didn't notice, it was a green bar with that text. I don't have text or imagery available, but somebody can prolly help out in that.

Also made last line as big as it gets in the manual.

16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/new-trading-policy.14580/
    DataStorm likes this.
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Hmm, forgot to note that after enabling SteamGuard, it takes 3x a steam login to have a steamguard security status...

/edit: added to notes:
    Once steamguard is set to enabled, it doesn't mean its activated, it takes 3x logging into steam after been verified with your email.
    [WP] VenGanZa likes this.
  18. Ku Shin

Ku Shin New User

Steam:
    i think why steam cant give other ideas better?
    for example my idea is set password for inventory.when we delete ( or trade ) items must input right password.
    i wish steam's mod can see that idea or other better than what they did :(
  19. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Security must be viable without putting undue burden on users.

I used to tell people who wanted me to harden their systems, that the only way to achieve perfect protection was put there machine(s) in a metal room with 3 feet thick walls, lock it up, hire guards with machine guns to stand outside and never connect the machine to anything.

Sadly the real world demands such things are practical. Valve doing something is better than nothing :)
    Ku Shin likes this.
  20. Ku Shin

Ku Shin New User

Steam:
    but not only me have to wait 15days before can trade :(
    if 21/12/2012 is doomsday so i cant trade ever :eek:
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.