1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Want to try the SteamRep Web API Beta?

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by Mattie!, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. |Tғ| PC-Drivers

|Tғ| PC-Drivers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7754761
    Good night

The Spanish community of games TrollFortress are developing a new website, and we'd like to have a key to access the Api and that our developer could incorporate it into users system that uses login through STEAM.

It would be important to obtain it in order to ensure, or at least help players who will conduct exchanges through our forums, to have a little more than information about the person you wish to trade.

Already have, thanks to the login through STEAM, from the date of account creation, which is very important, and if, Furthermore, we were with the API, we could help even more players.

Community website: www.trollfortress.com
    Ournewwebsiteisunderdevelopment,sowe havejustenabledForum.

Steam profile of the developer: steamcommunity.com/id/PCDrivers
  2. warheat1990

warheat1990 r/steamgameswap moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48847675
    Hello,

I'm one of the mod on /r/SteamGameSwap, I'm currently working on making our flair process automatic and steamrep status check is one of the verification process to make sure the trader wasn't banned.

The steamrep checking process will be placed at last step(so if someone isn't eligible for flair before reaching the steamrep check, the API won't get called).

Thank you
  3. ~Sauske200~

~Sauske200~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51243948
    I would like to have access for tf2universal.com.
    The api would be used for banning scammers from using the website.
  4. [m3x] LeonSK

[m3x] LeonSK CSGO.Exchange owner Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:407471
    My website: http://lucky.tf
    Time online: 5 months​
    Explain what you intend to do with it:
    Block scammers for use my website.
    The API is intended to be used on-demand inside of a web application and not for "background" automated purposes:
    Api will be use on login only and only 3 times per day.

5. Ph0eniX

Ph0eniX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53948518
    Hello,
    I am working on a MyBB website that allows users to login via steam. Primarily the site will be used for trading and discussion.

For the trading part, I wanted to include steam rep reputation and also the trade ban status.

Can I get the API access and some documentation on how to use it?
  6. Zeke Sonxx

Zeke Sonxx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40051456
    Hi, I'm interested in access to the SteamRep API to block banned users from my new Steam-related site.
    The site would make a request on user login and said request would be cached for around 12-24 hours.
  7. ExplosiveOctopus

ExplosiveOctopus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40202673
    going to repost gamekings post, because this is exactly what I'm doing.
  8. Sciguymjm

Sciguymjm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47588394
    I'd like access please.
    • I plan to integrate the API into my various trading bots so they don't trade with scammers, thus marking them as scammers themselves. My bots are distributed to multiple traders, so it would be used to stop scammers from being able to trade with them, therefore disabling their possible profit.
    • I would download a user's status and cache the values when the player adds as a friend, or trades the bot, so it would narrow down the amount of API calls. When it removes it's friendslist, it'll delete the cache and redownload if needed.
    • For any extra information, feel free to ask. Thanks.
  9. Swag [Inc]

Swag [Inc] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5001004
    Been online for over a year, pretty busy.

Basically I want to inform users who they are trading with.
  10. = ocu = [TWP]

= ocu = [TWP] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2645225
    Hi,
    Please kindly grant me access to your Web API.

What I intend to do with it:
    • I'd like to use the API with my trading bots (currently 14), and keep my steam group scammer-free
    • Users will be checked immediately after friend add requests
    • I will use blacklists and whitelists to cache each user for 1 week
    • Currently, I have a steam group with 10000+ users and counting http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ocuTradeNetwork
    Thanks for your time.
  11. Pvt.Jeorey

Pvt.Jeorey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19337073
    Hello, I too would like a grant to acessing your api for similar reasons to the guy above.

* Id like to use your api with my unusual trading bot in order to keep fraudulent users and carders away.
    * Any user who adds me will processed through steamrep verification
    *I would like to use a black list and a white-list cache similar to the man above, although I would check every 3 days if possible( I am willing to extend it to any number you request)
    My bot is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FatCatsHats/
  12. Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Neil DeGrasse Tyson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4564854
    I am developing a trading site of sorts and I would like to be able to display a users SteamRep along side their info.

My site would "Check it and cache it when a user profile page is viewed". Not more often than once every half hour. Quite possibly a much longer interval between checks.
  13. HaveNoFear

HaveNoFear New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21947653
    I would like access to your web api for my marketplace website. I would like to check and see if the user is banned before they are allowed to do any actions. I would cache the result to limit posts to the api. Thanks!
  14. arCN

arCN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41961819
    Hello,
    We at CSGOShop would appriciate permission to use the SteamRep API.
    We intend to use it on logins to check if a user is SteamRep banned.

Thanks,
    Matty
  15. DarkenedLightning

DarkenedLightning New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59980379
    Hello,

* I am looking to use the SteamRep API to make sure that my bots don't get any scammers in their friends lists.
    * I intend to keep users cached for 3 days and across all bots (Whether they restart or not ;))
    * Users will be checked after they have added the bot to their friendslist

Thanks for the help,
    Elipzer
  16. Stockpile.TF | Sharp

Stockpile.TF | Sharp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27262926
    Hello,
    I'd like to request access to the API for http://Stockpile.TF
    Checks would be done upon user login with the intent to ban flagged scammers on our service.

Thanks
    AZIMAGE likes this.
  17. Sisco++

Sisco++ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33207402
    I would like to request an api key so I can restrict my site's http://kill-streaks.com/ bots from trading with scammers.
  18. Sisco++

Sisco++ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33207402
    Forgot to mention, check would be cached and updated upon the following events, user login or (user files trade request(hits buy/sell button) && 1 day has passed since last cache update.
  19. UnuSec

UnuSec New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:110831
    Hi there,

I've just created www.DOTAmarket.com, I would like access to the SteamRep API in order to check users at login/registering.
    I want to keep this community safe from scammers as much as possible, access to the website will not be granted If a user is marked on SteamRep db.
    Checks would be done only at login/registering.

Thank you for your time,
    Cristian.
  20. I would like to be given access to the Steamrep Web API for CSGOMart.com - If you have any questions, please contact me directly at /id/JunglistMovement that or by posting here.

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.