1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198036003162 - (Trixxy / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Trickster≠, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Trickster≠

Trickster≠ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37868717
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198036003162 (Trixxy)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    In advance I want to apologize if I end up writing a lot on here, but please, do take the time to look into my case, it'd be greatly appreciated.

To start things off, this appeal is long overdue. I appealed on SR two years ago because of my UTC/SR tag which i've gotten because i fake-repped a scammer, however that scammer impersonated one of SR's trusted sellers and asked me kindly to do so, i didn't know it was such a big mistake to be naive and rep someone out of kindness. I do know that now and I've never done it again ever since.

But that's not my main issue, the real problem is that i've appealed this ban over and over, initially on the old UTC site and in the past year or so, twice on the mann co. trading site, however, each time I'd appeal that ban, providing all kinds of information that prove that i was tricked by an impersonater, I never get any kind of response from any of the admins.
    The thread is ignored, there's no judgement being given (appealed/Denied) and a while later gets deleted.
    By now I'm really growing desperate and after 3 attempts gave up on hoping from a response from the respective sites, I really, really hope someone on here can help me with this.

Again, I'd be eternally grateful if one of the admins on here decided to look into the matter.

For refference; my SR appeal 2 years on which i was told to appeal on the UTC tag's respective site leading into the first "ignored" appeal i've gotten: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198036003162-trickster≠-sr-scammer.6009/
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Trickster≠

Can you please link your appeals on UTC/MCT? The merger of them made them merge the forums, so the UTC appeals would still be on MCT if correctly.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Trickster≠

Steam:
    Here is the link to my latest appeal, I've been waiting patiently for around 5 to 6 months and have yet to receive a response.
    The MCT thread i made before this one was deleted after they cleaned their Ban Appeals section and no UTC threads seem to be archived anywhere.

I messed the first two posts up (text formating), the appeal is the third post.

http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,4605.msg17634.html#msg17634
  4. Trickster≠

Steam:
    Responding to this thread with quite sufficient amount of annoyance and disgust.

two days ago the mann.co trading site updated their UTC appeal guidelines with this response
    http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,5441.0.html

They blame us, the people who are still tagged for not appealing on our tag in those 2 years the site has been down, yet this is exactly my issue - I appealed - exactly a year ago and the only kind of response was none, completely none until they decide to "clean" their ban appeal section, no matter whether there were un-answered threads or not.

And this without even mentioning that the appeal above has been waiting for a response for a half year.

I know most of these admins on here have a lot of work to do, not only on here but also In real life. But still, I find this unfair, it's obvious just how little these admins care about us.

If this is really the kind of people who get announced as Admins on any kind of trading sites, then there is something absolutely wrong with this.
    I speak, yet I know what's going to be the only kind of answer I can expect from the lot of you;
    "Thread locked, appeal marked as denied/invalid"
    and then off to the next appeal who might be waiting for at least a year to get rid of a scammer-tag that keeps them from playing on a majority of all TF2 servers, even though they did nothing wrong.

In all honesty I don't care, I quit playing tf2 a while ago and there's no further trading I will be doing.
    But seriously, quit looking at us like pawns, if you have the power to tag someone with a certain kind of scammer-tag, do your research and make sure it's a justified ban.
    Trying to protect people from being scammed off their valueable pixels? Not with such an irresponsible bunch at the peak, sorry but I had to get out.

Any Admin with sufficient amount of humanity to read through this and think to themselves "that IS kinda unfair to those affected"? - I wish.

Steamrep, just as hyporcritical as our government.

I'm out.
    Sincerely, Trixxy.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We get daily 50-80 new reports, we get daily 5-10 new appeals. And there really aren't that many admins to follow all up on the same day. There have been dozens of topics in general about that, but that doesnt matter really. Appeals and reports run far behind.

In general its faster to do reports and appeals on partner communities. If things go wrong there, it will fall upon us again.... but don't expect on a heavily overburdened team to get on the same day back to you about your appeal.
  6. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Stay classy.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    @USAFMike Why where the old appeals not handled on MCT?
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Dumping pending appeals made before this policy change is a serious issue that SR is now looking into. We were not notified of this change.
    Xenophobia likes this.
  9. Secret T☆co [MCA]

Secret T☆co [MCA] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24641334
    Firstly my apologies for how this was handled. The Post in which we were denying UTC Tags was from that date forward not Pending appeals. Something of which was misinterpreted by one of our staff. Your Thread on MCT is unlocked and will be handled appropriately.

-Secret
  10. Secret T☆co [MCA]

Secret T☆co [MCA] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24641334
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. Before handling your SteamRep tag, we'll work on your UTC tag. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your UTC tag to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues. The SteamRep tag will be handled separately.