1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

scammer wants to *resolve* situation

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Stalex, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Stalex

Stalex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41877112
    Person that scammed me sent me a mail 2 days after occurance:
    We'll mate you seem to be jumping to conclusions. I've done this many times in the past. All I do is once you give me a item I delete you to teach you the lesson of no mater how much you trade a person don't trust them. Your welcome. Use this info And here are your keys.

147% I do not believe this words and this person anymore, but how do you think - should I forgive him, take keys and delete report, or this will be foul to the community, people who will trade him and so on?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You cannot "delete" a report, but any repayment contingent on a report being rescinded is 99 of 100 times bullshit. They should always repay, irrelevant of a pending report or already being tagged (it is however taken into consideration to some degree for reports/appeals). You apparently have traded him before, makes his logic pretty illogical as he did not scam you the prior times.
  3. Foogle Fish lV-TF2Pl

Foogle Fish lV-TF2Pl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60597012
    Hey, im the one who he reported. I've actually done this in the past. you can see what he asked me to do and what i did in the first report posting. What the lesson is is that someone that gives stuff out with no insurance or anything is asking for a real scam from someone else. Stalex gave me keys to buy him 2 copies of a game and i took the keys temporarily to show how you shouldn't trust people you randomly meet on the internet no mater how many times you trade with them. And when you recognize that we had traded in the past and i didn't scam him is because it was a valid 2 sides paying each other trade. if what im saying still doesn't seem legit then do as you will but my methods have worked in the past.

Attached Files:

4. Wasabi Kitty

Wasabi Kitty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42522834
    This reminds me of "To Catch a Predator" with Chris Hansen.

These creepy old guys would arrange to meet 13 year old girls for sex. Then when they show up at the house and the decoy leaves them with a tray of stale brownies and a disapproving Chris Hansen. Suddenly they weren't actually there to have sex with the girl, they were there to teach her about the dangers of talking to strangers online.
  5. Stalex

Stalex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41877112
    I think you should reply report by itself,not this thread
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Bullshit.

1. We require repayment on any scam. Adding bullshit reasons/reasoning/rules or w/e to the repayment is a negative to us. We do say so near everywhere, for example:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ See point #9: Pay back the victim.
    This is roughly stated: Repay as fast as possible, there is NO guarantee that a report will be removed over it, or that a appeal will be granted for it. But it IS a requirement for a appeal.

2. As I touched on #1 above, repay is required, but a report does NOT get removed over it. The admin will weight the report, and will weight in the behavior of the accused and the wishes of the victim/reporter.

3. Once the report is made, it CANNOT be deleted by a normal user. Admins and Mods will at most MOVE it to a archive subforum, they will never delete them. Every topic in reports/appeals will eventually end up in the designated archive subforum. Even duplicate reports or appeals will be archived.

4. Results of repayment and confirmation by the victim can be posted on the report or appeal. There are no obligations for the victim to observe in any way to receive repayment. It does on occasion occur that victim refuses repayment, either because he's angry at the scammer and does not want their appeal to be successful or because they just accept the excuse. On such occasion admins will look into it and contact the victim regarding this. We generally suggest the victim to take the repayment, for that is for us the ONLY way to ascertain that the accused is willing to repay. If the victim is just angry and denies to take it, we will take that into account.

5. As you can see, all is arranged here to be done either on report or appeal. So this topic is dead, and will be locked and archived.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.