1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Attempted Phishing

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Yausuhi, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yausuhi

Yausuhi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46754208
    If this is the wrong area or something else then tell me.
    Today I received a what I think is a phisher so I just wanted to let people know.
    http://puu.sh/be8Al/71bba61c3e.jpg
    Idk if he was trying to be legit or something else so.
  2. Yausuhi

Yausuhi New User

Steam:
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Thanks for the information but SteamRep does not handle Phishing reports.
    You can report this user on their profile page.
    Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
  4. ➢ TArkan

➢ TArkan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21455157
    Yup, got the same thing over here.
    He added me to ask me that I add him on another profile, gave me a link /snip. without the usual "http://" so I have to pass to the browser and copy/past the link he gave to me.
    On the website he gave, the pages look like Steam's community page, but after entring any login/pass, it asks you to download an app to "verify" the computer (a malware).
    I've already reporded him in steam community, and here is his profile if needed.
    Careful out there anyway :) !
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @➢ TArkan, Do not post the actual phishing link on our forums for someone else to click. I removed it for everyone's safety.
  6. Yausuhi

Yausuhi New User

Steam:
    I had already reported him,plus I just posted this to let people be aware of recent attempts.
  7. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    While it is appreciated to warn others, this is the wrong section for something like this and is not something we investigate. As such I am locking the thread to prevent other users from posting information on other users in this topic as it is something that should be left to Valve/Steam.

Also please keep in mind that in a lot of cases users posting phishing links can mean that they themselves have been phished/hijacked and are being used to try to do the same to others. That is why it is best to leave such cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases, making appeals difficult when account access is regained by the victim.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.