1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197997118655 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Tsyolin, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tsyolin

Tsyolin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13088111
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197997118655

Victim profile: 76561197986441951

What happened? Description:
    This was my first time buying CSGO keys, though this isn't the first time I've been scammed before. Thankfully it was only for $19.00 and I'm already disputing the hell out of it to see if I can get it back. I do feel a little dumb to have been fooled but I did end up giving him the benefit of the doubt in the end because I checked some people that commented on his profile and for the vast majority it was all clean and a lot of the people were reputable (though for all I know that could just be who he bought the keys from). That and the account was 6 years old which is not common for scammers. Anyways, I have the chatlog and paypal info. After I sent him the money they removed me and made the profile private. Then they changed their name, un-privated their profile and blocked me. The trade was found originally up on csgo lounge.

If you need anymore info just give me a ring.

P.S. God damn it Sjru you should have been online to help me check and see if this guy was clean!​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Tsyolin

Tsyolin New User

Steam:
    Full PP history as requested. xs47qm.jpg
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Tsyolin.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review and an SR admin will handle it ASAP.
  4. Tsyolin

Tsyolin New User

Steam:
    Just an update, I won the case I submitted to Valve so I did get my money back even though it took a while for them to get back to me.
    Sjru likes this.
  5. Tsyolin

Tsyolin New User

Steam:
    Paypal* not Valve
  6. rvsbcaboose

rvsbcaboose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1621726
    Tsyolin,

How did you get PayPal to give your money back? I got scammed by a different seller and am trying to get my money back, but PayPal Resolution Center won't help, because "this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services." Any advice?

Thanks
  7. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658212
    This Dai Shen has done this to various people and has 3 pending reports for the exact same reason within a week. We don't need him to extend his reports especially when it's the same acts repeated. Ban him already.
  8. monster.1129

monster.1129 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47259380
    and i was about to trade him a 500 dollar dragon lore lol
  9. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @Tsyolin,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.