1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

submitting a report for someone else?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NotVerySexy, Sep 19, 2014.

1. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91898
    as the title implies. is there any rule on submitting a report for another person?

I came into contact with another user that got scammed by the same guy I did and he recorded a full video showing the whole dialogue and 'fake' paypal images provided by the scammer.

since it happened so long ago he just doesn't care on pursuing our scammer. personally it sickens me to see this guy use what he took from us to scam other people (on other sites ive pm'd people who reported him scamming about it). he did say if I want I could make the report for him (although it was awhile ago, I have been busy).

thanks
  2. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    I believe there is not, as I did it for my friend.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    you can report for someone else, if that person doesn't speak the language etc.

If he does, we prefer it to be the original victim.

If he's unwilling to do the work, consider that he might not want to. But if you persist, you will have to have him reply on the report that he confirms its his report.
  4. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91898
    ill see to that and double check with him before writing one out. from our conversation it looks like the guy just gave up on trying to do anything about it (not for personal reasons, just work he doesnt want to bother with). I told him im aware we wont get our items back but atleast give other people a heads up that our scammer is not legit seems like the right thing to do (ironically he was scammed before me so if he followed up steamrep maybe I would have not been scammed).
  5. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    If they are not willing to put up the effort of reporting or cooperating with getting his fraudster banned, then I would most likely not bother at all.

If you have the evidence required in order for SR to ban the user, then you should defiantly make a report. Given how long ago it was, I doubt the trade agreement can be found.