1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    The screenshots were all made private because they contained personal information; if you'd like to see them I can show them to you after removing the private info.
  2. Oh sorry, didn't know that it contained private info. Thank you for correcting my wrong and yes, please show them.

But one more thing. A report actually takes months for an admin to review but this one only took 7 minutes. Can you please say something about this please?
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    we do newest first in general with reports. To catch the currently active ones. if we did oldest first, then all would certainly be outdated.
  4. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    [​IMG]

Another question, the 'Research Tools', is there anyway to always have them show up as closed? I'm lazy and hate having to close it manually in case I forget to do it while checking someone's profile. (Unless this is a beta that's about to get taken away, as YATO mentioned.)
  5. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
  6. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    I love that I can double/triple post without getting in trouble, since you can't edit your posts. should say 'scam the victim by part bribe me'.
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I don't know if we have a category for that specific scam; he isn't impersonating you, but we do have an "other scams" category. That's where I'd personally file it. It's not a 419 scam (also called advance fee fraud) because that requires promise of future payment. Typically advance fee fraud involves some inheritance or chest of money the scammer needs financial help with smuggling out of the country from the victim, in return for an arbitrary share of the fortune which doesn't actually exist. What you have here is more of a scammer trying to bum the items off the escrow

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    It should remember the last "setting". ie: if you open it, it will show as open next time, if you close it...
    Its for the "deciders" out there... that know if they want it opened or not. For undecided ppl, well we could hide it per default, but then 50%
  9. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    The sob story as linked in my reply seemed to be very pushy, other than the fact he pretty much tried to bribe me for a cut of the sale.

In layman's terms, what is the proper scam type called, if not 419/nigerian scam? Other Scams seems to be very vague, I am asking about the reasons listed here, other than the obvious #15. http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    Double or nothing. [​IMG]

I assume if I nuke my cookies, it'll reset to the closed position? Gotta remember to close it then. Like how it seemed, at least to me, loading faster when the Research Tools is closed.

Got some good stuff going on here, love it.

NEXT QUESTION:

Billion Dollar one. When are you guys gonna hire more peeps to help with the backlog? Feels like I only see certain individuals active.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You're free to apply, you probably would get accepted too, lol.
  11. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    Go to bed. You're answering all my questions faster than my mind can understand them. [​IMG]
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Well, that speaks for you... One fool can ask more questions then 7 wise man can answer.... If I can keep up, that is a good sign :p
  13. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    Lets see if one of you can answer this one.

This guy sent me an invite: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198095962583

Which lead to be rejected because I'm no longer going to ask/point out fake MMs on other people's friends list as if they found me, they should know about it...but anyways, he had this person, http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198128332356 who is already banned by REDDIT for impersonating (AND STILL IS ) who then led me to this.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/d2lmiddleman

Need I ask, if this group is legit/affiliated with your 'Friends' over at D2L? Given how CSGOL is going, going, going to hell, was wondering, what's up?
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/dota2lounge-com.43953/#post-129401

So to summarize, what is the proper course of action for a hub city for fake MMs? I highly doubt D2L knows about it and should they know, I doubt further that they care, but given the fact the group leader is posing as three different MMs...anyway to shut them down besides giving the ban hammer via SR tags?

All Member IDs found here: http://pastebin.com/5kfsGwcH
    Screenshot 2014-09-22 02.53.30.png Screenshot 2014-09-22 02.53.35.png Screenshot 2014-09-22 02.53.51.png
  14. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    Can I request for both users above you to be banned? ;)
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    "The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well." - Sir William Osler

I do not agree. The best preparation for tomorrow is to sleep well the night in between. What you do today, does not have to do anything with what you do tomorrow.
  16. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    No response to my question?

RIP thread.
  17. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
  18. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    Here's yet another question.

How high on the totem pole are impersonation reports? Been making quite a few of them and its getting to the point its more of a pain in the ass to file than it is to get the victim to do it.

I remember someone mentioning that reports related to admins and middlemen were 'higher' on the queue but I can't recall where. Something about where the REAL person was tagged as 'Accused' instead of the fake. I could be mistaken. (That and I'm seeing my Pending/Review tag count higher than Accepted/Rejected.)
  19. ☣Solaire☣

☣Solaire☣ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87098464
    I would like to ask a question for the Steam Rep Staff.....
    What does it feel like being a Steam Rep Administrator / Moderator?
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Like a prolonged SM session that takes years, and unfortunately NOT as the dominatrix...

It just hurts to read all those reports and appeals and do that work on them.