1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Tagged a scammer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Kawasaky, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Kawasaky

Kawasaky New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:93073361
    Hello

Today some people told me that a steam warning about me pops up when I am gonna trade with someone and that I may be a scammer.

I mean, WTF? I even have rules on my profile to avoid true scammers, I don't trade outside steam window, no money, no paypal, no gifts and "ill return it later", basically I don't do ANYTHING against the Steam TOS.

This afternoon I had a argue with some guy that send me constantly like 10 trade offers with exploited games asking for my keys or valuable games, at the end I told him that I have reported him for harassment and scam, and 2 hours later BAM I was tagged.

I was gonna write to steam support but I thought that they will be useless as always and that posting here will be faster to have some kind of advice on how to deal with this, as I am seeing that half of my trades or more will now be gone until I can clear that.

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SteamRep is not affiliated in anyway with Valve/Steam...you are not tagged here and nothing that can be done on our side to help with this problem.
    It would appear as if you were just reported to Valve by the steam report feature to many times by random players to spark some sorta automated response.
    It is something that I feel is stupid and shouldn't have that kinda response without a human hand involved but what can you do.
    My advice is to go ahead and write Steam Support anyway but at the end of the day its likely you will only have to let it wear off anyway.
    Kawasaky likes this.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Kawasaky likes this.