1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198128146697 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dude Time, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Dude Time

Dude Time New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66362716
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198128146697

Victim profile: 76561198092991160

What happened? Description:
    I was selling AK-47 | Vulcan (Factory New) on CSGO Lounge. Then this scammer adds me, at first it was kind of legit because he wanted a price reduction and not the usual pure overpay. However it got fishy when he gave me his "cashrep thread". I checked his profile comments and noticed they were posted only 1-2 minutes apart. So, I managed to get him to use the "middleman scam" or whatever you call it. Which I believe is the ultimate confirmation that he is indeed a scammer. Hopefully the screenshots I provide will do better explaining than me.​

Provide Evidence:
    To see all screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/fLDWk

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Dude Time Please do not link to 3rd-party sites like imgur or puu.sh for your evidence. All images need to be uploaded as attachments. If you run over the limit of uploads, you can attach the rest in a new reply.

Also, you have linked to Bacon in your first SteamID, which is not the same SteamRep block you put in the field for the accused. I have updated your report to point to the accused in your SteamRep block.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Dude Time,

From the screenshots you have uploaded, and from some additional evidence I was able to uncover, I believe we have enough here to mark both Puppeye and the fake middleman shown in your conversation:
    For future reference, in cases where you cannot fit all of the attachments into a single post, you can make a new reply with the remaining attachments. In this case, at least, the accused and fake middleman are both banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.