1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197963566930 - (detura / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by hulabula, Dec 16, 2014.

1. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1650601
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197963566930 (detura)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    No alts.​

Appeal description:
    My old friend and former user, Piotr / pin0w (back in 2003) gave me this account, because he stopped playing 1.6. He came back after half a year - 1 year or so, and wanted this account back. At that time i had already spent money on this account - on games and such. I offered, that I could pay half for a new Counterstrike 1.6 game, which he declined. At that time it was 50DKK/out of 100DK total, if you wanted to buy the game.

I have been playing ever since, I have been fighting to reach the top in DK 1.6. I was close a couple of times, but school always came first, which sadly ended my efforts all the time. Now i have the time to try in CS:GO, and it saddens me every time, I go on steamrep or csgolounge. I am a legit player. I have bested top players on lan. ex.g. CPH Games 2013, where i won against Delpan, fyrrte, hyvlarn etc, My team and i even took maps from Lemondogs, and Guardians old team 3DMAX.

I am a dedicated player, and i use my dedication to make people better ingame, but also the aspects around it. Communication and mental strength is a key. I have finished my studies as a teacher in danish and history. I mean no harm, and if the former user, Piotr is available, I would gladly pay him a new account - even cs.go, if he likes to. Just warn him about matchmaking xD

My best regards,
    Morten 'detura' Dal.​
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'm leaving the appeal open for now, for normally its a different kind of "hijacked" what we mean. I'm contacting the original source on this for more information.

Did you ever needed to regain the account via steam support, due lost access to your account?
  3. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    Okay, i'm not completely sure, that I understand.

I wouldn't call my case hijacking, since the original owner (same as source?) gave the account to me. Afterwards I changed the contact email. The email connected to my steam is an old email, that I created many years ago. I get a lot of spam mails and so.
    I have before deleted large quantities of emails, so maybe I have deleted a mail about my account being hijacked or attempted. I have changed my password recently due to a scam/hijack from an .exe, where steam helped me retrieve the items.

Can I help with any other information?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    when was that?

and when did you get the account from original owner? I assume that's years ago?
  5. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    About 3 weeks ago.

I got the account years ago- to be more precise, i think it was around 2003/04
  6. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    Just checked it.

Steam replied to my email the 18th of november, and it took steam about 1-2 weeks to reply, so it's a month ago approximately.
  7. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    And i got a mail from steam yesterday:

"Hello Morten,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Previously, we have restored your backpack as a one time exception due to a hijacker committing fraudulent trades.

We have provided account security recommendations, as well as information about Steam Guard and Steam's Trading Policy to avoid any future security issues.

We will investigate this user and take appropriate action upon the hijacker, but we are unable to make changes to your backpack.

Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report."
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Your account was created December 26, 2003, and for the "previous" owner to get tired of it that quick...
  9. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    Yeah, it was :) I knew the former owner for a long time. We played together throughout most of CS 1.5
  10. TNT-BBX-SNIPER

TNT-BBX-SNIPER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96428234
    You're responsible for maintaining account security.
  11. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    I am fully aware of that, but what has this to do with my actual case?
    Afterwards I've updated my security with avast and changed password.
  12. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    Anything else I can do now?
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes:

@HelenAngel

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm mostly interested if your account was hijacked about 2,5 years ago, by the end of June, 2012.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  15. hulabula

hulabula New User

Steam:
    Sorry for the late answer. My account has not been hijacked, as far as I am concerned. I checked my email to see, if I had any emails from back then, but no emails from Steam came up on my search.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @hulabula,

I want you to search for the oldest steam email you can find in your email, and make a screenshot of it. Make sure to:
    - Block out your login name.
    - If there, block out the activation code for steamguard.

Hidden Content:
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @hulabula,

Some time ago information was requested regarding this topic. So far you have not answered our staff member's request. This post serves as warning; the next time this appeal is checked, it will be closed if no response is given.

Requested Information Was:
    - A screenshot of the oldest steam activation email you have.

Requested Action(s) Was/Were:
    - Posting said image here.

The time period granted to you to provide the aforementioned information is 7 days. If an admin checks the appeal after this period of time has passed and no information is provided, the appeal will be closed. In most cases this will count as a "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @hulabula,

I noticed your profile is private

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #8: Public profile, public backpack on ALL your accounts.

Hidden Content:
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I've granted the appeal.

Hidden Content: