1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198012328513 - (EdgarAllanPro / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by EdgarAllanPro, Mar 27, 2015.

1. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26031392
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198012328513 (EdgarAllanPro)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    The day before yesterday, I wanted to do some betting on CSGOlounge as I just started playing CSGO seriously within the past month. I messed up during the betting process after finding out that (since I'm on a different computer for the rest of the week) that I can't trade for a week over Google chrome. Anyways, I woke up yesterday to do some betting over Steam, and I logged into CSGOlounge and got a startling white ban screen. I thought that it had something to do with the failed bet attempt, and started looking into it more. As it turns out, I was banned 1064 days ago. I checked the thread where I was reported (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198012328513-lekitakumi.3297/) and what happened was is that I was hacked for roughly a week I think (this was 2 and a half years ago, so the details are pretty fuzzy) and this guy got scammed from my account in that time. If I recall correctly, my account was named LekiTakumi and the profile picture was of Ezreal from League of Legends. Before that I was EdgarAllanPro, probably with a clan tag of some sort, I can't remember.

Through my research, I found the victim, and started talking to him on Steam about my situation, and we came to a mutual understanding that what happened in the past was not indicative of my current trading reputation. I understand that this was a very long time ago, and you may be wondering "Well why didn't you appeal when this happened", and to tell you the truth, I had no idea that SteamRep existed, as I was never big into the Steam trading scene. I have a complete transcript of the Steam chat if you want, but I would like to talk to the victim about releasing that information first as there may be something that he doesn't want to share.

Thanks in advance,
    EdgarAllanPro

P.S.: I have not offered to repay the victim, but the way the conversation went I think it's safe to assume that he doesn't care either way. I'm putting that I will not repay, due to the fact that I'm also somewhat a victim in this case.​
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @EdgarAllanPro,

You need to make screenshots of the Steam support ticket you made to regain your account. Block out personal stuff, block out money transaction information, block out cd keys etc that you used to regain your account.
  3. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    Attached is the Steam support ticket. I ran the German portions through Google translate, and this is what came out:

Code:
    Hello Mr. [REDACTED],

order for us to assign this account, we first need a proof of the software / CD Keys which is / associated with such account. Please send us a photo or scan (.jpg format) of your CD-Keys and note also handwritten Your Ticket Reference. 3625-EZVN-9741 by pen or marker on the reference card or sticker next to the CD key, not on a separate sheet of paper

If you have a game purchased directly through Steam, please send us all the details of your transaction with PayPal including name, customer number, invoice number, transaction number, date and amount.

Please also include any email addresses you may have ever used with this account.

Please read the following information, if the CD key is on or in your packaging nowhere to be found:
    URL: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

After we have reviewed your CD Key, we can help you safely with this problem.

Example:
    http://support.steampowered.com/downloads/ea_cd_key_scan.jpg
    http://support.steampowered.com/downloads/sierra_cd_key_scan.jpg

Best Regards,

Steam Support Team

For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Code:
    Hello Mr. [REDACTED],

our data suggest that your Steam account has been misused.

Please scan your computer for viruses, spyware, key-loggers and other programs with an eye-catching date virus scanner.

Select your passwords according to your security requirements after you have thoroughly cleaned your system:

- Combination of letters (small and large written) and numbers
    - Use not simply a word that is easy to find in dictionaries, or a simple-to-follow keyboard combination such as "123456" or "qwerty"

To ensure that you can use your account immediately, I've sent you your account details with a new password in a separate e-mail.
    Please also check your spam filter directory, you should e-mail can not find.

Please note: Your new password consists only of numbers and is now at the same time the answer to your secret question.

Please follow these instructions to modify your password and secret question:

- Start Steam and click on "Steam" and then "Settings"
    - Click the "Account" tab "Change password or secret question" button
    - Select "I want to change my secret question" and follow the dialogue

Best Regards,

Steam Support Team

Code:
    Hello Mr. [REDACTED],

I am glad that we could help you.

Best Regards,

Steam Support Team

Attached Files:

4. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    Oh just realized I forgot the trading log. Here are the trades that occurred during the time of my account being compromised (April 20-25)

Attached Files:

5. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    Hey it's been a week since I gave you the information you needed, and I haven't gotten any sort of response what so ever. Not to mention that the thread is still marked as "pending" as oopsed to "under investigation".
  6. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    I am going to reply to this thread every two days until it is no longer necessary to do so.
  7. EdgarAllanPro

EdgarAllanPro New User

Steam:
    Thanks to someone kindly pointing out to me, I've decided to not actually continually bump this thread. I recently re-read the "appeals tips" section, and I must have missed the sections that detail how long it usually takes and how you're not supposed to continually bump the thread (shows what you get for being an impatient reader). My thought process was that it was helping me stay competitive by keeping my thread at the top, and I was assuming that others were doing the same thing.

Anyways, I'm terribly sorry about that, and aside from this post, it won't happen again. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait it out. If you need anything from me, I have this thread open constantly, so just post or message me and I'll respond as soon as possible. Thanks!
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Please send me a friend request on Steam using the link below my avatar.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    After thoroughly investigating and validating your Steam Support tickets, I'm granting this appeal.
    Hidden Content: