1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198109980820 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by !nvisibility, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65853938
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198109980820

Victim profile: 76561198091973605

What happened? Description:
    This person met by Dota 2 lounge for trade, I asked for an item called Pipe of Dezun for some of my items. He added me and we had a conversation while I was in a game and at the same time doing the trade since the person told me that I first made the trade because the Pipe of Dezun alone could be taken for gift and wanted to feel safe. When I finished giving him the items, he deleted and blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. I think you have provided enough evidence :) wait for admin / mod to review this post :")
    !nvisibility likes this.
  3. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    Thank you :) hope admin reviews this report and take action on this, I really felt a little offended by what happened, but I feel much better with your answer. Thanks again :3
  4. InglouriousNinja

InglouriousNinja New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65484041
    Guess I should have checked here for recent scams. Same person did the same thing to me.

Accused profile:76561198109980820

Victim profile:76561198091233810

What happened? Description:
    Guess I should have checked here for recent scams. Same person did the same thing to me. The dezu pipe was sent as a gift for a PA aracana. But when the item is sent, I was bloked.

Provide Evidence:
    Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

5. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    I'm still waiting for the ban, this is disrespectful. These people deserve the account closed and items removed... It's not fair.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @!nvisibility, There is a gap in the chat agreement between #2 and #3. I need the entire chat agreement.
    The pictures of your trade history have to be in a full screen Steam client browser. Unedited or cropped.
    I need to see at least one trade from the previous days trades in this picture.
  7. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    a gap? he said "wait me", "Im going to my desktop" and that I had to wait for a "download"? COMPLETE TRADE.png
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    I see now. It would help if you would enable your time stamp on your chat. This gives us a record of the time frame in the chat.
    Hello @!nvisibility, Evidence reviewed and ready for admin to process.
  9. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    If I'm not mistaken the chat haves the time and date at the bottom, I don't know if that is what you're talking about, but yes :p
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Open your Steam browser. At the top left click Steam/settings/Friends and check the box for "Display time stamp in chat log".
    If done correctly you will see a time for each line of message you type when in chat. Hope this helps.
    !nvisibility likes this.
  11. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    ohh ok! Did it :) ty!
  12. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    @SIVARTZ hey just wanted to know, when will this report be approve? just curiosity sorry :)
  13. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hello @!nvisibility,

It's important that everyone understand that SteamRep is a small volunteer organization helping a 75-million member community. Not every report will receive a response (and definitely not always right away). Not even Valve can handle all of the community's reports and they have incredible income. We're definitely not going to be able to do the same level of investigation on every individual report and you shouldn't expect that. Even if we tripled our staff, there's simply no volunteer group that can handle such volume and the growth in this scene. (Gone are the days of a mere dozen trade servers to monitor and an in-game TF2 trade window.)

One key thing we prioritize for investigation, though, is the quantity of scam reports submitted against an account. By submitting a report against a repeat offender, you help ensure they do get banned as quickly as possible through the community and provide guidance to other traders on your experience with them. SteamRep provides a public capture of these reports so traders can educate themselves and do better research even if each report can't be analyzed right away. We feel it's better to have these situations logged rather than lost entirely (e.g. if you report a violation on Steam, it helps Valve know quantities, but may not help traders understand what actually happened so they can make their own decisions to protect themselves).
  14. !nvisibility

!nvisibility New User

Steam:
    Ok thanks for the response :) and srry for asking, have a nice day :D
  15. Jerry 2

Jerry 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52875253
    Banned on Dota2lounge thanks for report
    !nvisibility likes this.
  16. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @!nvisibility,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
    !nvisibility likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.