1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198032578300 - (Gene Sok / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Gene Sok, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene Sok

Gene Sok New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36156286
    yeah thats pretty much correct (I'm assuming you meant "because you and the hijacker"), and i had nothing on my account that can go missing either since i pretty much had an empty account, so i wouldn't be able to realise a hijacking at all. The only reason i'm positive that someones been on my account at one stage is because they changed the avatar and my steam name at one point. I put in a ticket to steam support about my situation but they have done nothing helpful and are now refusing to reply.

UPDATE: just found out my younger brother played TF2 on my steam account, but he definitely did not do anything scam-worthy as he was 9 yrs old at that time and denies even using the keyboard to talk to a stranger
  2. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Seeing you still have a remaining of 2 weeks, it would be best share everything you know. The 'simultaneously' steam login was introduced in 2013, while you were 'hijacked' in 2011. if you'd attempt to login on a steam account prior to the new steam login feature it would simply tell you that you've been logged in on another location.
  3. Gene Sok

Gene Sok New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36156286
    i shared everything i know from the beginning, i do not remember receiving an email about that...... i only recalled i was hijacked after checking steam rep

what do you advise me to do? I've pretty much tried all the possible options i could take.
    are you able to give me further details on what actually happened in 2011? or is that confidential?
  4. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    @Gene Sok

The impersonating that you / the steam profile did lasted in a time-span of 2 weeks. It's hard to believe, that in those 2 weeks things go unnoticed. You also mentioned that you also didn't know you were hijacked to begin with and that you and the hijacker were logged in at the same time when that is simply not possible as one would simply get the message he/she has been logged in on another location and you didn't notice that at all?

Further more, you were also not being able to provide any additional (verifiable) evidence to support your claim.

And as such, I'm having to reject your appeal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.