1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198041642898 - (Minimap / BANNED BY RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Minimap, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Minimap

Minimap New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40688585
    Appeal for BANNED BY RAWR

Steam profile: 76561198041642898 (Minimap)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    I wish to remove my scammer tag as a result of a ban from RAWR, so I appealed here for the first time.

I was banned almost 5 years ago by RAWR's trading servers when I first began TF2. At the time, I knew nothing of the value of items in Team Fortress 2 and unfortunately sold a big kill worth 10 keys at the time for a few weapons (xD) . But because I knew nothing, I kept giving bad offers to those in trade servers and resulted in the ban I wish to repeal today.

Since then, I have quit TF2 and rejoined the community in February 2014. I became a fair trader and learned about backpack.tf to research prices of cosmetics, weapons, and bot killers that I would have never known. Soon, my profile page filled with 3 pages of +rep since last June! (one of the links given) My knowledge of trading in Team Fortress 2 has drastically increased since when I first joined, and is the primary reason to why I want the tag removed.

Secondly, although this has nothing to do with trading, I wanted to present this evidence to further demonstrate my good quality digital citizenship. Starting August 2013, I ran a group in a game known as Spiral Knights known as Electro Hawks (link shown above). I was called Healero. At the time, the group, or guild, was falling and had leaders that could not leave the guild in activity. I took over and within next January, Electro Hawks was fully operational and rarely had few negative players. The guild lived on until about November 2014, but since then the owner, lhazo (steam username) commented on how far the guild has grown. (3rd link) Gordato, a member of Electro Hawks, commented on my profile on the 2nd page saying how great of a guild owner I was and the efforts I made. Electro Hawks allows an expansion of detail in my digital citizenship background over the previous two years.

In all, going from knowing nothing about TF2 to helping enrich gameplay experience in another game and knowing more facts about TF2 trading allowed me to realize this ban tag by RAWR should no longer be present on me.​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in public beta, so please let us know if you encounter issues.