1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198082045536 - (Excelet / BANNED BY S

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Excelet, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Excelet

Excelet Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60889904
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198082045536 (Excelet)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    If you view my steam profile you may see that I have very good rep, in fact no -rep. However, a player decided that he would like to increase his rep on steamrep by creating a fake report to get me banned. Him and some friends created reports against me presenting only manufactured text "evidence". They claimed that I was going to hijack their account even though it requires email confirmation... Please remove my steam rep status because I am actually a very good trader and am undeserving of the status. No items were taken from anyone and you may see that my inventory barely even has much money value to it, showing that I am incapable of committing these offenses.​
  2. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    Since +Rep comments can be easily faked, they mean nothing on SR. Especially all 6 of them, obtained in a period of 5 days. In fact -Rep can be easily removed. Created reports only show on profiles of accused and do not count towards any reputation on SR or anywhere else. You was tagged because victims were able to provide sufficient evidence against you. It would help your appeal if you could provide evidence supporting your claim that reports against you were fraudulent. For example, you mentioned in of the the reports that your account was hacked. Can you provide any correspondence between you and Steam Support to show that they investigated your account and safely returned it to the original owner, which is you?
  3. Excelet

Steam:
    My account was never hacked though.
  4. Excelet

Steam:
    Someone had my steam name and messaged these people... I thought I was hacked. I know that they did it.
  5. Excelet

Steam:
    I also believe that their "evidence" can be as easily faked as +rep.
  6. Nope.exe

Nope.exe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125841683
    When I checked out 2 threads of hijacking, the ending seemed suspicious both ending had 'bye' and same thread saying 'bye' I think that account they used was fake account or friend of it.
    I think those guys deserve to be banned, I will put 2 -reps on both account for making fake report against you.
  7. Nope.exe

Nope.exe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125841683
    ZacMac has added me asking why did I put negative -rep

Never tell your password to anyone.
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: What do you want fake reporter?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: No answer, bye.
    ZakMcRofl is now Offline.
    ZakMcRofl: howdy
    ZakMcRofl: sorry i was sidetracked
    ZakMcRofl: i want to talk to you
    ZakMcRofl is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Why?
    ZakMcRofl: because i want to know why you gave me negative rep
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Oh
    ZakMcRofl: i have never made a fake report against anyone
    ZakMcRofl: what makes you think i have?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: You made fake account called that guy
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: And both reports chat log's saying Bye and bye
    ZakMcRofl: you do realize that i do the game banking on scrap.tf? i have 60+ reporting that they did money trades with me
    ZakMcRofl: why would i fake reports
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Oh, your friend has given negative rating to
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: if that was friend's plan, I will remove for some reason
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Hello?
    ZakMcRofl: i dont understand
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: I will remove the negative rating
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: next time, don't this again, i'm not admin
    ZakMcRofl: thank you, but I do not understand why you gave it to me
    ZakMcRofl: i never faked anything, i have zero reason to
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: I will remove yours, but your friend will still have negative.
    ZakMcRofl: which friend
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: That helped you make fake report
    ZakMcRofl: what?
    ZakMcRofl: i dont have any friends that would do that
    ZakMcRofl: are you excelet?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: No.
    ZakMcRofl: do you refer to the guy who made the second report?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: I removed it, enjoy your trading once again.
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: here I will give link to it
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198082045536-excelet-phishing.24086/
    ZakMcRofl: yes. please do
    ZakMcRofl: and what makes you think that that is fake?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: (Didn't fall for it) has both reports. Seems you worked with your friend to ban trader
    ZakMcRofl: i dont know a t00thie but it doesnt look fake
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    If you view my steam profile you may see that I have very good rep, in fact no -rep. However, a player decided that he would like to increase his rep on steamrep by creating a fake report to get me banned. Him and some friends created reports against me presenting only manufactured text "evidence". They claimed that I was going to hijack their account even though it requires email confirmation... Please remove my steam rep status because I am actually a very good trader and am undeserving of the status. No items were taken from anyone and you may see that my inventory barely even has much money value to it, showing that I am incapable of committing these offenses.
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: oops
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: it's
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Your friend will have negative -rep perma
    ZakMcRofl: he is not my friend
    ZakMcRofl: i do not see what your proof for that claim is
    ZakMcRofl: just because he wrote that he did not fall for it
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: I don't care if wants to apology or pay something.
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Your report has same note
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Anything else?
    ZakMcRofl: so?
    ZakMcRofl: he probably saw my report
    ZakMcRofl: and added his own
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: He is my friend on my alt account
    ZakMcRofl: what is your alt account
    ZakMcRofl: i am confused
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: been friends for almost 1 year
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Why do you wanna know
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: My alt has blank name lol\
    ZakMcRofl: just to understand what you mean
    ZakMcRofl: who is your friend on your alt
    ZakMcRofl: excelet?
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Yep
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: Your buddy's fault
    ZakMcRofl: i dont have a buddy
    ZakMcRofl: look here
    ZakMcRofl: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198066076584-suprabirdzz.18321/
    ZakMcRofl: completely different report
    ZakMcRofl: i always write (didn't fall for it
    ZakMcRofl: to make clear i did not lose anything but am reporting the attempt
    ZakMcRofl: i bet i made my report first
    ZakMcRofl: and that other dude also got scam attempted
    ᶠᵘᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ: You were just copying?
    ZakMcRofl: no
    ZakMcRofl: i ALWAYS write that
    ZakMcRofl: well often
    ZakMcRofl: let me check the timeline

I'm confused...
  8. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:460230
    I have made many many steamrep reports and I know how to get a profile URL from the guy I talk to. I also have impeccable rep except this Nope.exe guy attempting to smear me today by giving me negative rep on backpack.tf.
    http://backpack.tf/trust/76561197961186188
    He has since removed it.

In addition to the two long rep threads i lead I also am responsible for the game banking on scrap.tf so I am pretty reputable member of this community I would think.
    What would I have to gain from faking a report against Excelet.

Nope.exe is either the scammer's alt or a very confused newbie. He bases his accusations on my and the other reporter both writing "Victim (didn't fall for it)" which I often do and which the other reporter probably copied from me. Maybe the other reported got warned by me and asked to report Excelet as well, because that is what I do when I report scammers, I try to warn the people on their friendslist.

Either way, this appeal is bullshit and if possible the admins should look into this Nope.exe guy.
  9. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    The above chat log is accurate by the way. I added him because of the negative rep he gave me on backpack.tf for no apparent reason.
  10. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    Ok checked both reports again and reconstructed what happened:
    Excelet added me and t00thie and probably many others.
    He drops the phishing link to me and t00thie.
    I analyze it using virustotal, find out its a virus, and start messaging the people on Excelet's friendlist, including t00thie.
    Meanwhile t00thie clicks away the chat window with Excelet (as to not click the link I suppose)
    I start writing my report. I ask t00thie if he also got sent that link (note that my name is in his screenshot).
    He confirms, makes a screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/eIauCHU.png) and I include it into my report.
    That's why everything is greyed out on t00thie's screenshot, he had re-opened the chat window with Excelet to screenshot it for me (and for our reports)
    I ask him to make a report and probably link him mine. He copies the text that includes "Victim (didn't fall for it)"

In conclusion: yes, I was the one who convinced t00thie to write a second report, but only to confirm my report and to give the reports better visibility.

I hope this clears things up. If an admin has further questions, please add me.
  11. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    After reading some of his posts, I think Nope.exe is just a clueless kid going through all Appeals and giving his two cents. So probably innocent, just stupid.
  12. Excelet

Steam:
    Thank you for your help! I have not taken anything, and these poor traders who just want good reputation make a victim of me. I have less than 15$ on my steam account asides from games... how could I ever hijack someone :(
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello Excelet,

You claimed to have been hijacked in your appeal. You will have to back this claim with evidence by providing screenshots of the steam support ticket.

We have some requirements:
    - Screenshots of the steam support emails are NOT accepted.
    - Screenshots must show ALL replies of the ticket ON the Steam Support site from top to bottom
    - Screenshots must show the entire browser in the screenshots.

You will have to edit out your personal information that could be mentioned by you in the ticket. You may have used this kind of information to Steam support that you are indeed the owner of that account, by knowing information that only the owner of that account could know.

The things you need to BLOCK OUT are:
    - Credit Card or other payment information
    - Real name, address, phone numbers, those kind of things.
    - Steam Login name
    - CD keys, Steam activation codes, game activation code information etc.

Blocking out is simple, open the image in a editing program like paint (Start menu, type PAINT and start that program, open the image with it or right-click the image wherever you have stored it, and select EDIT).
  14. Excelet

Steam:
    I never claimed to have been hijacked. Someone was using my name but not my account.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  16. Excelet

Steam:
    Yeah, them and some others were asking me about a festive scatter gun purchase. I thought I was hacked but realised it was most likely someone with the same name.
  17. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    SilentReaper I can tell with 100% certainty that I have never gotten a profile URL wrong on any of my Steamrep reports. I click on the person I talk to, I click "View Steam Profile" and copy the shown URL. The name a profile has nothing to do with it, my method would work without a nickname even.
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Excelet, you claim the hijacker was an imposter, or the evidence was fake. We have evidence you were friends with the reporter at the time these links were sent. Unless you can provide evidence in your defense, I cannot grant your appeal.

Re-uploaded evidence here in case it disappears later.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

19. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You have 2 weeks to follow up or this appeal will be concluded.
  20. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Plenty more than 2 weeks, and no evidence has surfaced to prove your innocence. Appeal denied.