1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198066524368 - (Überlegion / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Überlegion, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53129320
    Wait I made a mistake here, I claimed I went inactive after the 12th, but I realised that's when I did my last trade. So I've gotten some things mixed up, so what I guess what happened is that I quit on the 21th or 22nd of dec, and then quit for a small week. After that I logged back in and discovered and was hijacked. I'm sorry but it happened such a long time ago, IP logs would be so much more useful.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Ok, so you amend your story to say you were hijacked some time after 21 December.

Why were you brokering for a hijacker on 18 December?
  3. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    Can you add me instead? or would you like me to explain it here? It's much easier if we could talk on steam.
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    May as well explain here.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    Can you show the trade on outpost you're referencing?
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    See previous page where I mentioned them. They're all linked, and since I don't know if you can access them while banned I attached screenshots too.
  7. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    Who is the hijacker you're referencing? And what item you're referring too? I can't make much up from those screenshots.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Those trade listings, and the dates listed on them, show you were actively trading from 9 November to 21 December. Is that not the case? If you were actively trading, as you now tell me until some time after that Outpost listing on the 21st, why do your trades - which clearly indicate a pattern of systematically brokering for a known hijacker (who you claim to have taken control of your account without changing the password) - start on 18 December?
  9. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    I see now what you mean, but the memories I have about it happening is vague, so I'll try to analyse everything and see what jumps to mind.
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    So basically, you have no evidence you were hijacked, and you're just making up dates to fit your story?
  11. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    If you'd like to believe that. Just because I have 1 indirect report against me marks me completely as a scammer who scams paypal and whatever else. 3 years is not 3 days you know.
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You claim you were hijacked and the hijacker abused your account during a 3-week period during which you were inactive from trading. In order for me to grant this appeal, you're going to have to back that claim up. We need evidence, not just your word.
  13. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You have 2 weeks to follow up with evidence you were actually hijacked, or explain why you were brokering hijacked items. If no follow-up, appeal will be closed.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Überlegion

Überlegion New User

Steam:
    Well, I don't want to say that what I'm saying is lying, it's just that I have no actual hard evidence seeing there was no account breach. (as in password changed, email changed etc.) So I'm guessing this appeal will be denied then. Thanks anyway.
  15. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Your story does not match evidence we have on file, and based on what has been provided in the appeal I am only convinced you are an accomplice/alt of the hijacker. There is no evidence you were hijacked, but contrary to your "away" story there is evidence you were still actively trading at the time you were allegedly hijacked. Giving you benefit of doubt to start with, I am increasingly inclined to believe you are an alt or accomplice for the hijacker. I have updated the public notes on your profile to reflect what happened, instead of saying to contact SteamRep admins.