1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Improper Format Guy with BP worth over 300 USD pretends he doesn't know the value of items

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by polp fikshun, Oct 27, 2013.

1. polp fikshun

polp fikshun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45170863
    I don't have any proper screens, so sorry about that, it's my first time reporting someone here. This guy adds me and starts off by saying Hey Buddy :) That's weird enough, but what ever, I continue to talk with him and he wants my Orbiting Fire Tipplers Tricorne, My second unusual, I bought my first off the market and got this one by selling the purchased one. He then proceeds to offer a strange, I ask him what strange, he says it counts your kills, ok so english is his second language, I tell him I know I mean what is he offering, then he asks what is my favorite class. This is just really "Strange" (That was weak) So he then adds me to a trade, he offer a SF Buff Banner and a pan and some other s✿✿✿ tier stuff, after I told him 18 keys. So I thought he might just be a noob or something, like I am. I check his inventory, and bam. 4 unusuals, at least two were burning 30+ Pages of keys, like 10 buds, mixed with high tier SF items and stuff. I was shocked. I tell him 18 keys or items in over pay, he says "dont have". I send him a link of his inventory, he says "No you" I ask Me no what, he replies, Yes. I'm really confused and I ask him what he means, I tell him 18 keys or items, then removes me. The fact this guy tried to scam my unusual off my unnerving enough, but when I check his friends list and see he has scammer friends involved in highjacks worth over a thousand dollars, I knew he couldn't be trusted. I'm just posting this in fear of my account, and hoping someone looks further into this.
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
  3. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    You wouldn't happen to have the profile page of the guy that tried to scam you, would you? The admins can't do much if they don't know who they are looking for.
    You may want to take a look at the proper formatting as well, that should help you case: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-look-at-acceptable-format-before-posting.51/
    Also, do you have any screenshots of the chat or trade? Those would help. Upload them with the Upload a File button. It's by the post reply and more options buttons.

I think your account should be fine, just be careful like you seem to have been.
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    No proof, no screenshots and not in the correct format. Archiving.