1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561197995348715 - (Electrician / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Electrician, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Electrician

Electrician Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17541493
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197995348715 (Electrician)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    To begin with, I want to justify the choices I made about "Guilt / Innocence" , "Reason" , "Repayment". I believe that the "Reason" is the most crucial point from which I will develop my justifications. As you can see I created this account long time ago, to be precise in 2007-12-29. So it is only natural that I was not using Steam throughout all these years. Well, one day my cousin asked if I can lend him my Steam's account, of course I had all the protections and stuff. When asked why does he need my account he just stated that he will transfer some items to mine and keep them there for a while. I saw no harm in that, gave him the account ID/Pass and told him the secret code when he tried to login through his PC. He was using it quite for a while, when someday I decided to come back to Steam (Since some friends invited me to play Dota 2). And what I saw is that I am trade banned for a month I think (cannot recall to be honest) and also all these comments in my profile with "+rep, trustful etc." which I learned later that these comments were fake reps to convince people to trade and also many new people in friendlist. I thought that the trade ban will pass and nothing bad really happened. I really did not do a lot of trades so it was not a problem for me. But I am guessing my cousin was using my account to scam people via Steam. His main scam targets were TF2 items. Of course he implied that my account was got trade ban because I was holding the scammed items. Well, that might be true, until this day I do not really know the main thing why my account is marked as a scammer one in SteamRep. Only thing written there is Alt, so I suppose that my account is accused of being an alt of a scammer. In SteamRep there are also linked Alt accounts to mine, which are: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198077696616 , https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198046090648 .

Talking about repayment, I chose "No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims" because it was not me using my account at that time. I understand that my account is guilty, but not me. Well, I am partly guilty. Not knowing the rules and laws is not an excuse, that is how the saying goes.

The "Guilt / Innocence" choice is proving that I feel guilty about what has happened with my account, because it was MY account and I should not have given it away so easily, even if it is for a family member. Like I said in the previous paragraph, I did not know the rules, the laws and I am guilty of trusting my cousin.

Lastly, I wanted to say the reason why I am writing this appeal. When I saw the trade ban, I thought to myself that it is no big deal. Of course I had fights with my cousin over it but as I said I was not a trading person so no trading for a month, more or less did not bother me. After some time, I noticed that my account is marked as a scammer in SteamRep and all the people can see it. This is actually quite bad, since my account was created long time ago and I wanted it to remain a good-standing old account. But, as I was not using Steam so much I thought that even the accusations of SteamRep and banning is not so bad. I kept using my account, obviously changed the password, email address so that my cousin would not know the ID/Pass again. And today I decided to give a try in CS GO Lounge, since I am playing CS GO at the moment. But what I saw is that I cannot use it because of SteamRep ban. And that is the main reason I am trying to prove my innocence to you. CS GO Lounge is the main reason now, why I want the scammer tag removed from my account. I know it might sound quite hilarious but it is true.​
  2. Electrician

Steam:
  3. Electrician

Steam:
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    For now I have restored this thread until I decide how to best process it. I want to make absolutely clear, you are responsible for your account regardless of who you let use it. You are 100% liable for any/all actions as per the SSA and our own appeal policy, saying it was your account and not you is a really quick way to have the appeal rejected really fast. Saying that, what grounds are you appealing on?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 week notice to followup.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    I am declining to grant this appeal.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**