1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this a scam or na?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BentoBox, May 4, 2016.

1. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96263431
    Im not sure if this was a trust issue or a scam
    So because I can't do mvm on my own time (most missions take half an hour) and I have projects, papers, etc. I usually loan it to my friend to do it, this was my idea. So basically I would loan it to him, he would finish the tours, and we would divide the loot, supposedly. But when I gave him the tickets:http://imgur.com/FVG3I1C

He didn't actually do them so I asked him not to do any tours and just hand it back to me shown here:http://imgur.com/uqfxsyT
    I don't really know if its a scam or not, he rarely communicates with me, even in real life, and said someone named "anonymous" hacked his account because he turned mobile authenticator off, then sold the tickets, can someone help?
    P.S
    How do I access older chats?
  2. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    Sorry for not uploading the images, I'm new to steamrep.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    loan what? your steam account? I hope not
  4. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    there is no way to access older chats that I'm aware of, not sure though
    you need chat agreement as a proof for any scam.
    Though if you just want the loot you should do that with someone you trust, or atleast trusted by the communitt, did you check his rep first?
    Also, MvM is really fun with friends, you should play it yourself in some spare time
  5. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    I guess he meant he loans him tickets
  6. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    He has no rep, but rarely trades
    One thing to note is that his account got hijacked when he turned off his mobile auth, but then he said the hacker put it on the market shortly after that, I don't think that's possible?
  7. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    Yes I agree it seems like he's lying, though no evidence sadly
  8. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    How shortly after that? Because if your friend turned off his Mobile Authenticator and got hacked the hacker can't just put items on the Steam Market because even that needs a confirmation on the Mobile Authenticator as of March 9th. Why would he just like that turn of his Mobile Authenticator that makes no sense at all. But if this is how it happened then he's probably lying to you and making excuses so you don't think he actually scammed you.

Note:
    You must have your Mobile Authenticator turned ON for 7 days to be in effect, so if you "turn it off" or delete the application from your mobile and install it again you will still need to wait 7 days so you can trade without the Trade Hold and confirm market transactions so you can avoid the escrow system.
  9. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    It happened in one day, where he said his account got "hacked"
  10. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    then he is lying for sure, nothing you can do I guess, maybe leave a negative feedback on backpack.tf, just play it yourself or find someone you can trust
  11. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    rip in steam monies, spent my 20$ deposit on tod, was gonna actually do it originally
    UPDATE: I asked him about the whole steam guard thing, said the haacker must've deleted his items

how do I get this f✿✿✿✿er reported?
  12. BentoBox

BentoBox New User

Steam:
    Oh yeah, said he couldnt post screenies of his steam guard because of "Overwatch"
    said he didnt have evidence for the hacker but its really actually hard to do that in this situation.
  13. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    you need chat proof as I said before
    However, if you still want to report him, you can do that here
    Read pinned threads first
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    He has a pending report open for this already Nebras - but with that the thread has run its course and no more need for it.
    Nebras likes this.