1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Staff don't take private reports for various reasons, you'll either have to file a report normally and request any sensitive info to be hidden, or you can report to a partner community (pending reports on partner communities are not shown on SR profiles).
  2. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55419781
    Thanks, I apologize to horse since I now know the reason he was ignoring me. Would you be able to explain to me some stuff about steam rep?
  3. Enstage

Steam:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

Anything else; ask away.
  4. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
  5. Enstage

Steam:
  6. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    Nvm im good. Sjru fixed everything and the info I had will get a scammer quickscoped 420
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    It's fairly common for scammers to contradict themselves or lie in reports against them. That doesn't mean an admin needs to jump in and handle it immediately. We make no promise that we'll even get to every single report, so demanding that an admin drop what they're doing to look at your own report right now because you caught a scammer in a lie isn't really going to get anyone's attention.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We only accept reports via the forum. For we can do a LOT more reports in the same time via the forum then trying to "chat" someone through all the stuff.
    There is NO use to send it via other means to a mod or admin here.
  9. Pumkin Man

Pumkin Man New User

Steam:
    I now know that. I am new to the site and even after reading the FAQ and extended FAQ didn't understand some stuff. I sincerely apologize to any admin I might of disturbed. I want to thank Sjru for helping me and walking me through "How to not be noob101" and being extremely patient
  10. Karma #nbn soon

Karma #nbn soon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87290599
  11. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    scamming a scammer will still get you a scammer tag. I doubt he'd ruin his reputation for that.
  12. Karma #nbn soon

Karma #nbn soon New User

Steam:
    but... that's like saying once someone gets arrested they still own whatever they stole.

he literally does not own the money, a simple charge-back to strip him of what he stole and for angel to either give me the money or the KE would work would it not?

i mean f✿✿✿ am i going to lose out on several months of irl work because it's wrong to take back something that someone stole?
  13. Enstage

Steam:
    Yes, you are, because scamming him back makes you just as bad as him and you will receive a full BANNED tag for it.
    Edward. likes this.
  14. Karma #nbn soon

Karma #nbn soon New User

Steam:
    alright sorry then, i have bills irl i need to pay and i was relying on the money that i was going to get from it.

but idk i'll have to take a loan out or something
  15. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    I don't think you're fully understanding what he's saying. Imagine user A, B and C. User B promises to broker for user A with no fees. User B sells the hat he was brokering for A to C. C pays and B rans with the money that he should give to A.
    -Initial situation: A got an unusuals, B got nothing, C had money;
    - Agreement B sells A's unusual with no fees, as a broker, to C;
    -What happened: C pays B but B never gave the money to A;
    - A has nor money nor unusuals, B has the money that he promissed to give A, C has the unusual.

I'm gonna leave it for a SR admin to tell what you* should do, if your story checks out.

Edit: You and the guy that bought the unusual
    Enstage likes this.
  16. Karma #nbn soon

Karma #nbn soon New User

Steam:
    i would appreciate it immensely if i could get the money or the hat back i work hard and i give tons back to the community
  17. λngelღмander

λngelღмander New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66763274
    I'm the angelmander in question. I have no plans to charge the scammer back unless I'm given explicit permission by MULTIPLE steamrep admins and am assured by admins of community sites as well that I won't incur any punishment.

Even then I'm somewhat hesitant to open up a case with paypal because I'm very worried about the legal implications of a chargeback of 1200 dollars.

I want justice as much as anyone else here but I'm not willing to sacrifice my reputation or get in trouble with the law.
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I think this needs to be handled on the report the user made - if you guys wish to move all of this discussion to that report it would certainly keep things a little more neat.
  19. Karma #nbn soon

Karma #nbn soon New User

Steam:
  20. rufushagc

rufushagc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44815941
    Hello,

before opening a new thread I thought I'd ask my question here. I'm looking for a trustworthy middleman. Is there a certain way I need to follow or should I just try to write to the people on the list (https://steamrep.com/list/M)? Are there actually more (or better?) guys than on the list?
    I'm totally unexperienced when it comes to trading for money so any help would be appreciated.