1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198046472920 - (Ryan /SOP CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Y an, May 25, 2016.

1. Y an

Y an New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43103596
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198046472920 (Ryan)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    Haven't logged into another steam account since around the time this caution was placed on me (1123 days ago). If you'd still like me to list the accounts I have somewhere I'll try and recover them and post their information if required.​

Appeal description:
    I was given a "Caution" tag because I had used one of my alt accounts to "boost" one of my own threads, in an attempt to get others to believe there was a bid when there really wasn't (Or at least this is what I remember doing, it was over a few years ago so not 100% clear). I did do this, I was young and stupid-er and thought it would work. But not I know that it was wrong, and won't do anything like that again. There was no actual fraud (nobody was scammed/lost any items nor was anything gained on my part. Near instant ban), so I do believe that the caution tag is really not necessary anymore. Thanks for hearing me out, and have a nice day :)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You need to list your other accounts,
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Y an

Y an New User

Steam:
    Okay will try and do now. Was over 3 years ago so might be hard to remember all the accounts since I did make a few for idling, but I'll try.
  4. Y an

Y an New User

Steam:
  5. Y an

Y an New User

Steam:
    That account ^ may be the one I fake offered with? Can't tell or remember.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please get in touch with me within the next 2 weeks.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    I am declining to grant the appeal, fake offering to propose a desired price is deceptive, dishonest and borderline taggable. The fake chat with yourself was the tipping point tho, and I find sufficient evidence/reason to justify a caution because of that. As a (former)SOP member, no excuses, you should have known better.