1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198130739449 - (✪spookduke- / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ✪spookduke-, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ✪spookduke-

✪spookduke- Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:85236860
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198130739449 (✪spookduke-)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    spickley, and I use it to play Counterstrike Global Offensive while or if I ever get a competitive cooldown.​

Appeal description:
    First of all, I was on vacation when this ban happened, and I was just logging in to csgolounge.com to bet on ESL ONE Cologne. However, I was greeted with a Steamrep ban by an "SR ADMIN". I checked why I was banned and it said that "funfriz" was my alternate account. I have no clue why it states that that account is my alternate because we most likely have completely different IP addresses and I met him in a competitive game last year. I only added him to play competitive with him without me knowing he was a scammer. I found out he was scamming once he got trade banned and I never talked, chatted, or saw him again. I just want to bet on csgolounge.com once again because I had a blast on there. It would be wonderful if the ban can be overruled because it was a horrible mistake.​
  2. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
    Bump? There is a lot of games in csglounge soon and I would like an admin to read or reply to this post as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
  3. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
  4. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I'm not staff, but do you have any idea how you could be connected with the scammer account?
  6. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
    I used to play competitive CS:GO with him back in the day, but never did anything else with him. Also, we only knew each other for a limited time before he got VAC banned, and never even see him ever again.
  7. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
    I guess I've jumped to the conclusion that I probably will never be unbanned. I know the system is not perfect and is flawed, but please next time, don't just ban someone from steamrep just because they were or are friends with a person who is steamrep banned. Personally, I had no clue this would have happened to him. After a mere 2 months, I have given up waiting because there is no point. Hopefully in the future less false bans will be present.
  8. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
    It's been over a year now... How long does this take? I mean all I want to do is find people to trade with.
  9. ✪spookduke-

Steam:
    Yo is this ever gonna resolve or what? LMAO
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Locked for excessive bumping, will not be unlocked until addressed.
  11. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, sorry for the delay in getting to this appeal.

Is there anything you want to add to your original statements from the time you made this? You said you were on vacation when the report was submitted, want to expand on that a bit? Anything else you remember from around that time, any reason you can think of why you may be linked to this account?

2 weeks notice to follow up.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  12. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @✪spookduke-,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Additional evidence uncovered that further implicates your account
    - Cannot clearly differentiate your account from being an alternate or shared account with a scammer.
    - Lack of follow up

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.