1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198017951284 - (turbinatorx / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by turbinatorx, Jan 13, 2017.

1. turbinatorx

turbinatorx Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28842778
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198017951284 (turbinatorx)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    none​

Appeal description:
    After I returned from school my friend said that was banned so I checked and it said that I was banned for making some false report which I did not do and I don't think i did anything wrong in fact this is my first time on this website so any help will be appreciated :)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. turbinatorx

Steam:
    I don't know who that is but my one of my friends recently told me to make my name similar to that he said were gonna do a common scam psa or something like that
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    What did you do? explain? link your friend.
  5. turbinatorx

Steam:
    His name was like sovietkebab http://steamcommunity.com/id/SovietShishKebab/ he added me a while ago and we were friends and a few days back he told me he was gonna make a scam psa and said we were act it out in chat, he told me to change my name and profile just in case.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    1. Where is this psa?
    2. and where is it suppose to be posted?
    3. How did you end up choosing that particular name and profile picture?
    4. Where is the script for this psa?
    5. Why did you change your profile privacy settings after you were flagged on SR to private? (and btw, this is a reason to invalidate your appeal so you better make it public asap)
    6. Why did you attempt to flush your profiles name history after?
    7. If he was your friend for so long, and he was, why did you remove him after he submitted the report to SR?
  7. turbinatorx

Steam:
    1. Where is this psa? idk he just told me were making a psa
    2. and where is it suppose to be posted? he just told me its gonna be on some forum
    3. How did you end up choosing that particular name and profile picture? he sent me a profile picture via imger with the old doom picture and texted me the name
    4. Where is the script for this psa? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RlhxCvMFafneHW1TDjshKty-KmnZ3cxwdRVFdTzG4Vo/edit
    5. Why did you change your profile privacy settings after you were flagged on SR to private? (and btw, this is a reason to invalidate your appeal so you better make it public asap) I changed it before because soviet told me to do it just like the other stuff ill change it in a sec
    6. Why did you attempt to flush your profiles name history after?soviet said it was just in case to avoid trouble
    7. If he was your friend for so long, and he was, why did you remove him after he submitted the report to SR? he removed and blocked me
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Do you have any evidence to back up your claim?
  9. turbinatorx

Steam:
    which one
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
  11. turbinatorx

Steam:
    I don't have any screenshots from when we were talking at first because I trusted soviet but I know soviet has a lot of screenshots because he said that he would take them himself but swear I didn't mean to do any harm
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    So in other-words, no? I find it illogical that you would not have taken any screens or recorded the chat for this "psa"

Do you have anything else to add then?
  13. turbinatorx

Steam:
    as I said I trusted him at the time and forget screenshots HOWEVER I may be able to find some google docs he sent me and I bet the chat saved but would need to add him
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    And at no point you found it odd he wanted you to use a specific name and avatar? Where is this text you said he sent you? You never at any time found any of this suspicious? What was the point in doing this if you had no additional context yourself in what occurred/what he was going to do? Did he litterly just say "i do psa, here is script, gogogo"? How do you even know this user?
    Also, that google doc was created after your ban, you just made it.
  15. turbinatorx

Steam:
    I found it odd but went with it which was stupid. I did not screenshot the chat but he did send me the google docs I did this mostly because I trusted him at the time because I met him IRL (that's how I know him in the first place) btw I did not make the doc or edit it (I'm not even the owner its soviets)
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    You did not find it suspicious flushing your name history or turning your profile private? are you serous that these did not ring red flags that none of it was legit? Also, how could you call that doc the "script" if it was not actually made prior and sent to you? how did he send you the "script" that you claim he sent you since that is not it? What one of your friends told you, you were banned on SR?

You have presented ZERO evidence that this was some "psa", nothing you said so far matches with what a "real" such psa would have or need, your actions after the fact only show a coverup.
  17. turbinatorx

Steam:
    as i said I found it very odd but seriously I met him a few times IRL and we played many tf2 matches together so I did not expect him to do anything bad to me. He DID send me the doc and told me its a scam example we will act out. I found this link in my history which I believe was it and as i said im not the owner of it so I don't control who edits what my friend flaming ryu told me about the ban. I presented the google docs he sent me and as i said I trusted him and thought he would make a real psa.
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    What kind of PSA involves not only acting out a scam by falsely claiming to be a SteamRep admin, but also changing your name in the process?
  19. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have 2 weeks to follow up, or this appeal will be denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  20. turbinatorx

Steam:
    very sorry for the late response i was very busy over the past weeks with school and whatnot

ok I wanna clear up everything from the very start. SovietKebabMaker was a friend in steam and IRL and after a while i trusted him well, who wouldn’t if you know someone for months? One day he approached me with an idea of a PSA and i agreed thinking that it is harmless which was very naive. He gave me a google doc and told me what to do and I just went with he flow not expecting anything bad, he told me to change my name and gave me a screenshot and said its some random photo he found on images and also said to make my profile private and to change my name a few time to make sure I didn’t get falsely banned. so we did the whole acting out the scam part and then he just blocked and removed me.

now about your question lava; i honestly dont know ANYTHING about steam PSA and trading i barely ever traded and i never knew this site existed until the whole debacle happened. i just went with the flow and did it because i was too naive.

i also wanna point out that he tried to get an admin banned on another server through Skial by also falsifying a report, i found this just recently because i am trying to look for anything to provide but theres little since he blocked me. but ill try my best.

heres the fake report on admin through skial: https://www.skial.com/threads/scam-report-http-steamcommunity-com-id-roudydogg1-roudydogg1🎄⛄.71599/

thanks and I hope i clear some things up.