1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198018852827 - ([2o6] www.anker / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [2o6] Jack, Jan 26, 2017.

1. [2o6] Jack

[2o6] Jack Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29293549
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198018852827 ([2o6] www.anker)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    this is my only account​

Appeal description:
    I just want to get back into trading and be able to join certain servers, or be able to join them without it saying [SCAMMER] by my name. I also wish to use scrap.tf but the ban stops me there also. I never scammed anyone for any game codes, and if I remember correctly the ban was put up by someone abusing their power and I never got anything from them. If I recall, I gave them a code to TEST before we traded, he tried to use it, it should have worked, he told me it didn't work and then I go to try it and it didn't work, so he went and reported me even though he lost nothing and honestly thinking about it he could have just used the code and said it never worked, it was for MineCraft (I'm almost positive). I just want this blemish to go away, its fraudulent and there is nothing against me, no reason I should have been in trouble for it. I stopped playing for a number of years, just trying to come back and have fun in the game. I wont be scamming anybody, my account is way too old and it is my only account to wanna risk a reputation like this to get my account flagged when I already have a lot of items I have gotten legitimately. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I made my case as understandable as possible, as I hardly understand it and have a hard time trying to explain how I didn't do something I'm said to have done.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Before processing, I have to verify if both your tags are from the same offense, in that case, one will be dropped and you will have to appeal the 2nd as whatever that tags appeal policy is.
  3. [2o6] Jack

Steam:
    Yes I am almost positive that they are both from the same offense, I don't know why else they would be there. thank you
  4. [2o6] Jack

Steam:
    Could be from me joining a server and it banning me from seeing my UTC ban, that was my best guess at least for why I have the sourceop ban.
  5. [2o6] Jack

Steam:
    I'm a little confused with what you meant, but i pressed appeal for the UTC ban assuming it was the other tag i was supposed to appeal for (and i couldnt find it on the list, pressed appeal directly from my profile) and it says its pending now. hopefully thats what i was supposed to do?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, I find that this was originally a SOP related tagging (later told by non SOP staff to go to UTC and would be handled as such there) This will be handled as a SOP "legacy" tag.

You need to provide your SOP account username.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please followup or I will have to close the appeal.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Formal two week notice to followup.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    Despite not following up, I am processing your appeal as-is.

You were in the wrong and am disappointed you do not fully acknowledge as much in your appeal. If all the original evidence was still intact, I would have denied this appeal outright, but I cannot do that for lack of surviving evidence. Since you do not deny the incident or the victims version of events in the slightest, a caution is still warranted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**