1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

ı have a little questions for mods or admin

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by E18, Sep 12, 2014.

1. E18

E18 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51717297
    I was sent trade offer for unusual hat and I gave less item than I thought but buyer accepted the offer.If that person try to contact you said this guy scam me.Did I become a scammer?
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    You were sent an offer for an unusual but you declined that offer and made another offer for an unusual of lesser value?
    Example: If you had two Team Captain's one was burning and one was Nuts and Bolts. You have a very large gap in price.
    If this person initially offered 50 buds for the burning and you decline and you counter offer with the nuts and bolts for the same 50 buds then you have deceived this person. They think at first glance that they are getting what the original offer was but instead you have changed that offer drastically.
    Now if you did this by accident and you know that, I would contact the person that you traded with and offer them a refund or negotiate on a price that makes you both happy.
    As for the part of are you a scammer now. If you knowingly obtained an item through deceptive trading then depending on the situation and the evidence provided, you could be tagged a scammer. I would have to know the entire story before I could make a judgement call there.
    I hope this helps.
    If you want you can send me a PM directly through this site and we can discuss it further.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    To me I look at it like this... Valve made it so you have to confirm trades not once but TWICE before they happen so you have time to think about what you are doing. I don't buy into the values or price guides because they are all so easy to manipulate. If someone sent me a trade offer for a hat and I gave them a scrap metal and they accepted without discussion then ohh well I got a hat and perhaps all they wanted was a scrap since again no discussion of the trade was made. For all anyone else of a 3rd party knows or needs to know is that the two parties agreed upon the trade and that was that and shouldn't reflect negative on someone at all just because they didn't follow some stupid value/price guide site that again can be or usually is manipulated in some form. The term SCAM is used too damn much here lately and nobody seems to understand the meanings. You need proof to prove intent or the completion of a rip off/scam of someone PERIOD!
    Now this is all my opinion on the matter.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Quoting myself but I did say depending on the situation and the evidence provided.
    There is not a good enough explanation from @E18 to actually know the circumstances of his trade
    This is why I ask him to PM me and we would discuss it further.