1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198004994368 - (Mev | Join CSGO Warcraft! / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Mev, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Mev

Mev New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22364320
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198004994368 (Mev | Join CSGO Warcraft!)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    -​

Appeal description:
    Hello SteamRep community.

It was around 4-5 years ago that I made the mistake of taking a hat from a young man on Team Fortress 2. The player trusted me to let me wear it for a short time as I thought it looked neat and I betrayed that trust and kept it for myself in the end.

I was quite young and didn't actually have an idea that the hat had significant real money "value". I was very new to Team Fortress 2 at the time - After a short time a friend asked me to buy the hat and too my surprise I sold it for around $10.

However around that time the individual I took the hat from was clearly very upset and found my personal information, posted these to steamrep. I was rightfully listed as a scammer. . (Not sure what SOP/ RAWR/UHC are, but I am sure they are trading related)

The alternate accounts listed belong to the person I had sold the hat too. A few years later I ran into this person playing CounterStrike and they told me that they had been chased and banned from multiple places while trying to trade the hat.
    This is all I know. I do not and have not used any of those accounts.

In summary, I'm ashamed of what I did and would like to fix it. I don't remember his name or know how I could find him to repay him, but regardless I will never scam again - I have grown up and would like to think that I am a better person.

If this appeal gets denied for any reason, I would also love if you could remove the personal details (Number, Address) from the steamrep page - They are no longer my details and belong to a lovely couple in their 50's who bought our old house - I would hate to think anybody would harass them.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,
    Trevor.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your SOP tag is denied,

1. Yes, you were a SOP member so you were fully aware of what SOP was (for the record, your username on SOP is "SSG")
    2. You needed to repay before appealing, the link on your SR profile of the SOP offense still works and will take you to the report, not an excuse for not repaying as you mention above (also, you replied to them a few times in the report thread, so you have seen it years ago)
    3. You were very rude and dismissive to the users on SOP when they called you out for scamming them.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**