1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

12 month credit card scamming for games?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by LiveMChief, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LiveMChief

LiveMChief Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24312215
    So when I was wondering around the steam forums a few weeks ago I found a post talking about buying steam games with TF2 items and all that, it was made about 1-2 years ago.

He talked about people buying steam games with these credit cards that are put on payment or something for 12 months, so you have the game but after 12 months it gets taken because there would not be enough on the card, im wondering is this still possible? I mean the post was from like I said a few years back, did Valve figure this out and fix it or would people like me have too worry about a year later we lose our games?
  2. Phantasea

Phantasea New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97821869
    What if I redeemed a game from a trade that is fraudulently purchased?
    If this happens, the account where the fraud took place will be suspended. Your account will not be suspended, however the game you redeemed/unpacked to your account will be removed. we will restore the items/gifts that were associated with the trade that you performed to receive the game as a one-time customer service gesture. If you did not trade any items/gifts for the game directly then we are not able to restore anything to your account (i.e. if the game was a gift). Please contact Steam Support if a game that you traded for is missing from your inventory or account.
  3. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    While not to hinder on cash trading, there is a reason people prefer trading games with items. I hear that in the event the game is revoked by Steam Support, then the items traded for the game, can be returned. (I haven't tested this but it seems likely as a trade did take place.)

Honestly, if someone's credibility becomes that questionable, I wouldn't trade with them. Additionally, I'd look for some sort of trading history before going forward with anything, especially games.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Both are done only ONCE, as a steam support "gesture", 2nd time either happens, out of luck (hijack first, then game revoke: nope) So choose wisely when to use it.