1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198165323257 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Scrappy Don't, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrappy Don't

Scrappy Don't New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42075570
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198165323257

Victim profile: 76561198140790591

What happened? Description:
    Sorry if this is not the proper format, I have never reported someone before and I will do my best.

So I wanted to trade my knife, and I found this guy on CSGOLounge. I added him for trade, seeing that he had a "Vault Account". I have seen people who have done this before and I thought nothing of it. I asked him if he would like to trade 2 AWPs that I liked, and he said that he was down for the trade.

What followed was the classic middleman scam, where I trade to a trusted friend to see if the item is "duped" or "bugged". I had my brother in the room so I knew it would be safe to prove him wrong. I traded the knife to my brother knowing it would be safe, and sure enough there was a guy in the chatroom with my EXACT NAME and PICTURE, claiming to be me. If you would like to look at the profile yourself, it is (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121701376/). You can see in the previous names that Evan (Scooby) was there. Anyways, we had a chuckle about it and my brother called him out. They freaked out and left the chatroom. I then talked to http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198165323257 again and he told me that my brother was "being uncooperative". He agreed to do a legitimate trade on a later date.

He messaged me today asking if I was still up for a trade. He told me he no longer had the AWPs in his inventory, and sure enough, on the vault account there was no more of the AWPs I wanted. He told me that he had them on CSGOBig.com, the gambling website. I asked him if he could withdraw them, but he said he would have to wait 3 days because of escrow. Why a big trader like himself wouldn't have mobile, I don't know (his "Vault Account" has 100+ knives.) He asked me if I would like to do live trading on the gambling website, and I told him I didn't feel safe doing it. He asked why not, etc etc its in the chat. I ended up asking him for proof that the vault account was really his, and he claimed it was. I asked him if I could add him on there instead, but he insisted I didn't, because he wants to "avoid hijackers and phishers". I asked him if he could simply leave a comment on my profile with the account, as that would pose no threat to him. He rejected and blocked me.

Not only did he try to attempt a middleman scam, but he is also impersonating someone. Proof below

For clarification, James Bond had a previous name of Killerx1, hence who was in conversation with my brother. I apologize for not getting the original chat with the scammer from before, steam had not saved it from that far back, I got all the evidence I could.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Scrappy Don't,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.