1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198126816840 - (Ðavid Jones / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Ðavid Jones, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Ðavid Jones

Ðavid Jones New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83275556
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198126816840 (Ðavid Jones)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Forget about the game for a moment, lets speak logic / moral.

Now lets take a moment to see how this is completely wrong..

How would YOU feel if you just got a brand new shiny and fully featured 2016 car. Now this car has been your dream you worked hard for is it and its literally your passion. You clean it just about every week, you never eat in it that car single-handedly made you turn into a car nerd.

Now lets say Jim a person you knew for a while now that you've started to generate some trust with he comes to you and say's "Hey pal i know you like your new car, but can i buy it off you for 15% more than what it cost?" At first you say no, then you decide that you can just buy another one and still have money left over. (Just think with me here, i know this might sound stupid) He gives you a check and you give him the deed to the car along with the keys

Now you go to the bank and find out that the checked bounced, you tell all your friends about how this guy scammed you and it just so happens that same scammer comes to ME and ask's me to re-sell your car because he has bad credit and dealerships wont buy it off him without a huge tax. I, realizing that this is a horrible thing take the car that Jim gives me and give it back to the original owner.

Now lets go back into tf2, there are no scamming rules which is correct but how can that rule be active if we don't punish the ACTUAL scammers, the fact that i even have to defend my self from someone who has two steamrep banned accounts by this site itself is absolutely outrageous.

You'd never let a guy with history of grand thief accuse a citizen with a clean record would you? So why would you let a scammer claim "being scammed" by someone who doesn't have a history in scamming AND agree convict the non-scammer for scamming, the proof is in the pudding why cant you guys see it if everyone else can?​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I have no clue if you are actually appealing or just going on a rant because scamming is still scamming. You didn't mention anything related to your specific case.
  3. Ðavid Jones

Ðavid Jones New User

Steam:
    The man scammed someone and i did the right thing by getting the scammed items back to the original owner.

and now im labeled a scammer?

how.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Last chance to seriously consider your own appeal. This is not a policy debate.
  6. Ðavid Jones

Ðavid Jones New User

Steam:
    How do i even appeal then..
    I already stated my argument..
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    I wanted to make absolutely clear with my previous post that scamming a scammer is still scamming and their is no justification with it in terms of your SR ban, Its not a policy debate because its been debated with many past cases and their is much precedent on the matter, its still an offense we mark for. That's it, simple, done. Now that you have acknowledged me saying as much (tho you disagree) and that was the entire basis of your appeal and your reply did not state anything else, I am extending you one last reply to come up with anything else because as of now, not much left for me to do with this case.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    A month with no followup, denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**