1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198002458087 Leet (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Leet, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Leet

Leet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21096179
    My previous thread was locked due to: "You have to appeal with the account that was originally marked."

I'm not 100% sure what that even means but this IS the account that was marked as an SR scammer, if it means I should appeal with my brother's account that's obviously not going to happen since it's HIS account and he is not only uninterested, but is also guilty of scamming anyway. I am appealing for myself, not for anyone else mentioned in this thread or anyone in the thread I linked below.

| steamname: Leet
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:21096179
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002458087
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198002458087

I was marked as an SR scammer over a year ago now, but I've only realised recently since I only really started semi-regularly using steam this year. I noticed I was banned from Lethal-Zone servers and decided to follow that up today. I appealed my ban to them first and I was told that I should appeal here.

I've also discovered that the reason for this was my brother. He scammed someone out of 185$ of TF2 items by paying for them through my paypal account (which I have since locked due to further misuse) and then charging back. I have been unaware of this until now. But it doesn't surprise me greatly since some of my own items were traded to my brother's steam account at a similar time, although he claims his account was hijacked at the time. That was also the only time I have ever made a trade to or from my steam account. The email address that is (was) linked to my paypal account is the same email address that's linked to my steam account so I assume that is why I was marked as an SR scammer.

If it helps, this is the thread that the victim of my brother created: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198015380737-jotanic.1290/

I know it's an old offence but I'd still rather not be marked as scammer when I wasn't involved.

Once again, thank you for your time.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming its a bro, you will have to provide proof to back up your claim. Even so, based on other factors that is not any guarantee that you will be untagged, but is a good start.
  3. Leet

Leet New User

Steam:
    How should I do that? For the sake of argument, he isn't my brother and is some random guy who used and then charged back using my paypal account, the email address of which is linked to me and my steam account and not his. My point is that him being my brother seems irrellevent to me.

Also, I just logged into my paypal account and it isn't in fact gone completely, it's just limited. But since I never use it myself I've never and probably will never go through the process of opening it back up. It also, for whatever reason, doesn't show ANY transaction history; not of this one that I was wrongly implicated in or any legitimate ones that I've made myself. I don't know if that's because the account is limited or because of something else.
  4. Leet

Leet New User

Steam:
    Edit/ addition to previous post: That fact that's he my brother doesn't seem that relevant to me. I could in theory just ask him to say though a steam message for example that I wasn't involved and that he (somehow) knew the password to my paypal account and used it without my knowing, but there's no way in hell he'll ever do that. I haven't actually spoken to him about this yet; partially because it happened so long ago and partially because I know he won't admit to it despite it being so obvious to me that it was him.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeal is being denied due to previous chat with the other user completely contradicting what you are saying, its impossible for us at this point to tell who really did what. The other account will be denied as well if he makes a new appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**