1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198035380358 (Ellie)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Aviral Goel, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aviral Goel

Aviral Goel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37557315
    | steamname: Ellie
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:37557315
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035380358
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Slues
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198035380358

Hello,
    I've been TAGGED as a alt of http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063161548 .

The above ID is no way my alternate account, I really do not have any idea how can I provide a type of firm evidence, other than that, there are no trades / communication has been done between my ID and that id.
    The above ID is of someone, and we used to be 'kinda' friends but that was I guess years ago. I vaguely remember making trades with Popeye, but I guess that were just some usual tf2 weapons sort of thing.
    If there is something appears to be odd or something which might be like I don't know make it appear to be alt, maybe I can get to know about it? Because I'd really think there will be genuine explanation for it.
    And if there is anything else I can provide which helps in the process of this issue, please do tell.

It is weird for me to get suddenly SR Tag like this, and I'd really like a help on this issue. I don't know my appeal looks kinda small but its just very silly to me as that guy probably did some attempts to scam and I dont know weather he failed or got em but they looks years old and after that now I am tagged as alt, so I don't know its confusing.
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Please disclose any other accounts belonging to you or any that can be linked to you, even if not yours (bro/dog/fish).
  3. Aviral Goel

Aviral Goel New User

Steam:
    My account -> https://steamcommunity.com/id/slues
    steamcommunity.com/id/Izna is a friend and I borrowed some unusuals in the past fromt this.
    I do have a very close cousin http://steamcommunity.com/id/anantgoel15. We often share same computers during visits, and do a lot trading together.
    I have some other account of my own, I do not remember it but its not allowed to trade (no games, steam guard thing). So its just like empty profile.
  4. Aviral Goel

Aviral Goel New User

Steam:
    Hello, today I went through all my trade history to find the trades that could have been done with him. (And also tried contacting him.)

It is rather shocking for me that, I have actually traded with Popeye quite a few times during 2 months of last year.
    He was a cool guy, I guess and used to resell hats from me. I could not recall this earlier w/o seeing my own trade history because,
    He had a totally different profile, images, description etc. I am sorry about this mistake.

But I am pretty sure at that time he was not a scammer, and even after he was tagged. We have never traded any sort of thing which is related to his scam attempts.

Thing is I only bother checking SR status of people when we are involved in cash trades. Otherwise I do not usually do that, that is why I traded with him w/o being aware of his activities.

I am really sorry, I should have come up with information earlier, but I have just found out this now, so I am posting as soon as possible.
  5. Aviral Goel

Aviral Goel New User

Steam:
    I guess, he used to resell hats from me**
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please go into more detail about the other user and your relationship with him. 76561198063161548

I am going to warn you tho, if you lie, your appeal will be insistently denied.
    Your story already does not match what we know to be factual.
    Please answer the above question truthfully and honestly, it will be your last reply on your appeal if you are not truthful. ie.. last chance.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Aviral Goel

Aviral Goel New User

Steam:

Sir, I used to trade craft hats for a long time, gradually I got busy or bored and I think around that time, I used to pass away my hat to this 1 guy Popeye who used to sell them. I even taught him some tips like metal pricing and tf2op stuff. I dont really know a lot about him. He was a friend of friend I think. Maybe, I got somehow got involved in his activity unintentional that time. But I really don't remember it. I sometimes tend to just help people a little bit by not worrying much (or being careless). I help people in price checking, or broking items (w/o any fees), sharing what I know.
    I know he sold hats like me (kinda copied my way of trading). I guess that was it. I do no remember any other major trades with him instead of hats. I do not clearly remember weather we stayed friends after that or not. I dont think so.
    But maybe if we did, I think we might have traded something. But I assure they must have been TF2-TF2 Trade. nothing involving paypal or any scam type.
    I see that this guy changed his profile (impersonated) many times, so I cannot be sure if we traded in between and I didn't notice.
    I don't know how can he be related to my id, I was also actually away from Trading from quite a lot of time and I've just come back. All of my trades were closed due to inactivity on TF2OP.
    I've a always tried to maintain a very good reputation in trading, had a medium sized very neat SOP Rep and some indeed very good friends and trading experience.
    I really do not want this to be my last reply because I know whatever it is linking his account to mine, I can explain it. sir can you tell me why you think its my alt.
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Denied for lying, not sure why you bothered to appeal in the first place.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.