1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198045830188 - (Toasty / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Vampirion, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20375790
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198045830188 (Toasty)

Victim profile: 76561198001017308

What happened? Description:
    It started a while ago, about 2 weeks, when I wanted to quicksell some unusuals. I found Toasty he was a really nice trader and bought some unusuals. After a while he wanted to buy another unusual and came 0.5 buds + 7 keys too short. So I loaned him that, he agreed to pay me back whenever he would get the keys. Here is where I started to get worried and regret that I loaned him that. Toasty kept extending his payment and ignored me when I was asking him when he would give it back. He kept saying, "I will send it to you today".

Please note: I have checked his backpack almost everyday, and he had enough keys to pay me back. But he came up with excuses like, "I need to payback someone else" or "I need to buy this unusual now otherwise he won't sell it to me"

Today, 5-4-2014, Toasty spoke to me and told me he couldn't give it back earlier because of family issues(Thought he was online & ingame yesterday. Hmm?). I felt sorry for him and agreed that he could pay me the items back now. Then he said he sold his backpack (Wtf?) and didn't had any keys. This is extremely weird as he had family issues and had time to sell his backpack including the keys, but did not had time to trade me my items back or even send me a trade offer.

I told him he needed to pay me through paypal then and he did, he had send me 18$ and agreed to not chargeback whatsoever, this means under any circumstances.

Now he chargebacked the payment and told me I needed to loan him 2 buds otherwise he will not let the payment come through. Yes I do agree I have said I would loan him, but I would not loan him this very second as I have to think about if I want to deal with this user. Also I have never told a real time where I would deal with this user to lend some more.

I have proof and screenshots of the conversation, including the part where Toasty agreed that it was his paypal account he wouldn't chargeback whatsoever.

I know Toasty through tf2outpost I think. I am not entirely sure.​

Provide Evidence:
    Proof 4 is to show you that I amchatting with the real Toasty.
    Proof 1,2,3 is the conversation we had, it includes Toasty agreeing to not chargeback whatsoever. This does mean, even when I will not loan him my earbuds right now. <-- This agreement has been broken by Toasty.

Proof 5,7 is the paypal payment where you can see that the paypal account owned by Toasty has paid me and chargebacked the payment.​

Attached Files:

2. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    Update: I have escalated his dispute to a Paypal claim to see if I can get my money back from Toasty. As I am quite sure that Toasty is not going to give his money by himself.
  3. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42782230
    Claim closed, money returned to Vampirion. This was an attempt to ensure that he met his end of the bargain, not a scam.
  4. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    I see this as an attempt to scam me, you disputed as soon as I didn't trade the earbuds.
    After I made the dispute a claim you then said I would never win, and now you suddenly want to get rid off this report.

What I want to get out of this, (This is for the steamREP admins) is that Toasty will be marked as attempted scammer, or deal with caution. As I don't want him to attempt it on someone else.
    Marking him as scammer might help aswell but he has not scammed me, he merely tried to scam.

Now it's just a case of preventing this user to try this on other users who may not turn the dispute into a claim and just take their loss.

I am working on removing the paypal claim. I have agreed I will remove it and I shall do so.
    Please note: This report stays open for the reason I mention above.
  5. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    Proof that the claim was closed and Vamp received the money:
    [​IMG]
  6. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    I cannot see that picture although I can confirm I got my money back and the claim is closed.

Now this report is still going though as this is an attempted scam.
  7. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    This was not a scam.
    1) We traded for unusuals and I agreed to return 7 keys + 0.5 buds at a later date.
    2) I returned the 7 keys.
    3) I provided Vamp with $18.50 over PayPal. He agreed to loan me 2 buds as soon as he received the money, but once he actually did, he ran off.
    4) To protect myself, I opened a claim and stated he would receive the money as soon as he met his end of the bargain.
    5) Claim was closed today. Vamp was provided with the money.

I have met my obligations and do not see how this was a scam, as there was no extortion/blackmail involved. I have closed the claim and I'm contemplating filing my own report against Vamp.
  8. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
  9. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    Proof that Vamp agreed to the 2 bud loan after he received the $18.50

Attached Files:

10. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    Agreement

Attached Files:

11. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    Let me set this straight.
    1) This is entirely true
    2) I can confirm this is true
    3)I did agree to loan you 2 buds. But did I agree to lend it to you immediatly afterwards, nope. After these claims and reports I have to think again though.
    4) That was not to protect yourself, you opened it within a minute after sending. You have 45 days to open a dispute, you did it immediatly. You could've waited atleast a day or two. Anyhow, this is where you went wrong, and I knew it. I started opening a steamrep report, collecting information and directly escalating the dispute to a paypal claim. This is where you said you wanted me to remove all reports and you would remove the dispute. We have done so, although I am not removing this report as I want you to be tagged as an attempted scammer, not a real scammer just a little caution tag so people in the future deal with caution.
    5) I can confirm I have received the money.

Not to mention, you kept saying you would win the dispute as it was about digital goods.
    Second, you mentioned in the dispute that you had not received any items. Which is obviously a false reason.
    You lie against paypal? I see. Another issue with your trustworthy.

Feel free to open a report, you are only digging your own hole though. As I have not done anything wrong.
  12. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    One more thing, You have also said you would NOT open a dispute/chargeback. Still you did it. You broke that agreement.

For anyone wondering, the agreement is in the proof in the first post.
  13. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    4) It was to protect myself. Post 9 contains a screenshot of you stating that you would provide me with the buds immediately after receiving the money, which you failed to do. I responded by stating the claim would be cancelled as soon as you fulfilled your end of the bargain.

I should also note that Vamp never gave me the buds, and therefore violated his own agreement. I decided to close the claim and provide him with the money since I wasn't in the mood for an extensive battle in PayPal's Resolution Center.
  14. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    I agreed to not open a dispute as long as you fulfilled your end of the bargain, which you did not.
  15. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    "...I want you to be tagged as an attempted scammer, not a real scammer just a little caution tag so people in the future deal with caution."

By that logic, you should also receive a caution tag as you broke an agreement.
  16. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    I can confirm that I agreed to LOAN (Still my earbuds, keep in mind, toasty has NOT bought the earbuds, he merely paid off his old loan.) my earbuds to him after the payment. I haven't set a specific time for that and after this dispute came I have to really really consider doing a loan with such an untrustworthy user.

The only way I could possibly get my loaned money back is by agreeing to loan him more. Quite weird indeed.

The excuse that you are not in the mood to deal with this might be fake as you repeatedly told me you are going to win the dispute/claim.
    Not even 5 minutes after that, when other people on the server(We were in the same server at this time) said that you might lose the report.
    That's when you contacted me to remove the reports. So much coincidence. A bit too much.
  17. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    I haven't fullfilled the agreement, although I have not broke it. I have plenty of time to loan you my 2 earbuds. But due to the situation it would be really weird to trust you again. Which I actually never did.
  18. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    These claims are fallacious. I asked if you were trading the buds NOW, and you said yes. That is an agreement to provide me with them immediately after reception of the payment.
  19. Vampirion

Vampirion New User

Steam:
    When asked now? I thought you ment right now and not after the payment. That's why I agreed to that.
    In your case you specifically said "I agree" which means you read the agreement and actually responded to that. In my case it is not sure if my actual respond "Yes" was referring to that question.
  20. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    If you don't know what "now" means, you probably shouldn't be trading.