1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561197960278458 txr@sk1ll (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by txR@sk1ll, Sep 8, 2013.

1. txR@sk1ll

txR@sk1ll New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6365
    STEAM ID32: STEAM_0:0:6365
    STEAM ID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960278458/
    STEAMREP: http://steamrep.com/?id=76561197960278458
    Hello,
    I'm contacting you because i was marked as a scammer in march 2012 for a deceptive trade. It's been over a year now but today i would like to clean my account and repair my mistake. In 2012 i made a trade with Bluefin for several items and when doing the trade i accidently forgot to add one item i promised. We both accepted the trade and then when we realised that the item was missing i just left the chat and did not gave the promised item back.

I know that i made a mistake and that it wasn't honest to Bluefin, so today i apologized to him about my past behavior and to show my good faith to him, i gave him back his unusual mining light i traded for.

I'm usually a very honest person in life but i took a bad decision back in 2012, it was the only mistake i made. I know i can't get back but today i'm trying to change this mistake because im not a real scammer. Furthemore i have a very old account and i would like to keep it clean. I learned that even on a game we must respect the others people.

I know it wasn't honest and i really apologize to that. I hope you understand my request and if you need further details don't hesitate to contact me.

You can find here all the chat i had with Bluefin today :

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10309328/

Copy of chat :

Bluefin: hi
    Bluefin: what's up?
    txR@sk1ll: hey
    txR@sk1ll: i dont know if you remember me..
    txR@sk1ll: its been a while
    txR@sk1ll: well we made a trade together and i promised you a whiskerman and when we validated the trade we both forgot that item and then i quit
    txR@sk1ll: and you tagged me as scammer on steam rep
    Bluefin: ok, so why did you add me now?
    txR@sk1ll: because i would like to apologize about my behavior
    txR@sk1ll: wasnt really fair
    txR@sk1ll: but it happenned and i'm sorry about that
    txR@sk1ll: i'm usually honest personn
    txR@sk1ll: But well.. i made a mistake and i would like to repair that
    txR@sk1ll: i know it's a bit late for that but i'd like to clean my mistake
    Bluefin: alright but I'm not sure how that will affect your stemrep status
    Bluefin: It's been 1.5 years so it's kind of late lol, would have been easier to fix it back then and not get tagged in the first place
    txR@sk1ll: well we will see, for the moment i just want to apologize to you and make thing good between us
    txR@sk1ll: yes lol, you know i was a bit pissed off beeing tagged as scammer
    txR@sk1ll: and i thought it would be too late
    txR@sk1ll: But i know im in wrong just sorry about that
    txR@sk1ll: I don't play too much tf2 but i have a very old steam account and i want to keep it clean
    Bluefin: alright but to me it seems that you just want to get rid of your tag and you didn't realize how important it was at the time
    txR@sk1ll: yes i didnt realize
    Bluefin: you should contact steamrep and talk to them if you want it removed but I see no reason to remove if I were them since you ddi the actions
    Bluefin: I could steal something, go to jail and then apologize but that doesn't fix anything
    txR@sk1ll: i tryed to contact them last year when they tagged me but they just did not answered
    txR@sk1ll: So then i told myself it's over and will not make any apologize action
    Bluefin: well, I think you might have waited too long but I'm not sure...either way without giving me the whiskers that you promised they will not even consider it and even if you do they might not
    txR@sk1ll: But as a good faith i would like to give you back your item you traded me
    txR@sk1ll: Because i'm kind of not playin much tf2 anymore and also to prove my sincerity over you
    Bluefin: alright but I can't guarantee that it will fix your steamrep issue
    Bluefin: alright, I am kind of surprised that you still have the same stuff
    txR@sk1ll: Yes we will see but it's more about to say "im made a mistake and i try to repair it"
    Bluefin: well, I would appreciate that
    txR@sk1ll: Yes you know it was a kind of benefite that you tagged me because it was like an addiction to trade :)
    txR@sk1ll: But i just want my account be clean, don't know if i'm going to trade anyway
    txR@sk1ll: i have a 4 digit steam account and im a bit proud of that :)
    txR@sk1ll: So i give you back that mining light ok ?
    txR@sk1ll: And we forget this
    Bluefin: I have an old account as well from 2004 but what do you mean by 4 digit? Why would you give me the mining light? lol
    txR@sk1ll: its the STEAM ID
    Bluefin: Sure I would want a free unusual but giving me stuff does not mean that your steamrep tag will be cleaned up
    txR@sk1ll: the 32 bit ID
    Bluefin: ah, mine is longer
    txR@sk1ll: i have STEAM:0:0:6365 means i'm the 6365 person who registered a steam account
    Bluefin: you signed up a year before I did
    txR@sk1ll: it went fast
    txR@sk1ll: some of my friend registered some days after me and they have a 5 or 6 digit id
    Bluefin: I was going to register for steam but didn't care enough until I got cs condition zero
    txR@sk1ll: hehe :) Yes i registered to play cs
    txR@sk1ll: i think at that time it was obligatory when they released steam
    Bluefin: yeah, it's come a long way
    txR@sk1ll: before we could play cs without steam
    txR@sk1ll: but i want to give you that unusual to prove that i regret what i did
    Bluefin: I remember that. The sad part for me is that between 2004 and 2010 I forgot about steam because I got a mac and they only came to mac in 2010.
    txR@sk1ll: after 1.5 year i think it's honest
    Bluefin: alright, that would be super nice for me and that would likely help wipe your account clean with steamrep since it's bigger than the original issue
    txR@sk1ll: and i will see what steamrep say but i think it's a fair thing
    Bluefin: alright, if you do so I will help you get it clean
    txR@sk1ll: oh that's nice from you :)
    Bluefin: I've actually thought about this trade a couple of times since because it was very disappointing
    Bluefin: by the way, you ever play games on steam anymore?
    txR@sk1ll: But you know i regreted that i did in the past i really don't know why i didnt gave that item
    txR@sk1ll: it was my first item in the game
    Bluefin: I don't know either, the whiskered wasn't worth an insane amount and either way it wouldn't be worth it
    txR@sk1ll: it wasnt my itention to "scam" you
    Bluefin: so it dropped for you?
    txR@sk1ll: No i crafted it i think
    Bluefin: yeah but if you say you're going to include something then do so lol
    Bluefin: So you crafted it and then it turned vintage"
    txR@sk1ll: its just when we both traded i realised i forgot the whisker
    txR@sk1ll: and i said "do i give him back or not?"
    txR@sk1ll: and finally i said "well it's my first item..and he should have check the trade before accepting..but it's not really honest...but well too bad for him" ^^
    Bluefin: yeah, that's not right and on top of which I warned you that you would get tagged
    Bluefin: I'm just surprised that someone who has been on steam for so long would fail to recognize he was being morally wrong and that he was going to get punished
    txR@sk1ll: Interiory i knew i was wrong but i was trying to tell me it's only a game, it's internet etc..
    Bluefin: yeah but if it's only a game then do the right thing lol
    txR@sk1ll: It wasnt my day i think when we traded
    Bluefin: that's the interesting part, the players aren't just in our head, we are real people
    Bluefin: I was actually sleepy which is why I didn't notice the whiskers wasn't added at first
    txR@sk1ll: I really was about to trade what we decided
    txR@sk1ll: but i don't know too i just forgot that item
    txR@sk1ll: But well you know sometimes you just take bad decision
    txR@sk1ll: you know it's bad but u do it anyway
    txR@sk1ll: And then you get punished and you know you will not do it again :)
    Bluefin: yeah, the goal is to avoid making bad decisions and you had several chances to change your mind and I am glad that you finally did
    txR@sk1ll: :)
    txR@sk1ll: np
    txR@sk1ll: If i didn't made it earlier was just because i found it a bit unfair because im really honest man in real life
    txR@sk1ll: and all the consequence for 1 bad thing i did was too much i thought
    Bluefin: yeah, people do strange things when they think they won't get punished or that it's not real
    txR@sk1ll: Yes
    txR@sk1ll: So i hope you know i regret what i did and that i'm not a real scammer
    txR@sk1ll: i just took a bad decision one day
    Bluefin: yeah, I've studied stuff like this in school and it's pretty common
    Bluefin: they say that good people do bad things and that bad people do good things
    Bluefin: nobody is pure good or bad
    txR@sk1ll: Yes, and sometimes doing bad things makes you growth to be even more better
    Bluefin: Yes but only if you fix it
    txR@sk1ll: Yes it free your mind
    txR@sk1ll: ;)
    txR@sk1ll: So well i give you the item
    txR@sk1ll: and i hope we can stay in friend list
    Bluefin: sure, after you want to screenshot your trade in "inventory trade history"
    txR@sk1ll: ye maybe but i don't know how to access it, have to look in steam menu
    Bluefin: you go to your inventory and then click on "more" in the top right corner
    Bluefin has accepted your request to trade.
    Bluefin: just wondering but you do like these games?
    Bluefin: "Deponia" and "Chaos on Deponia"?
    Bluefin: http://store.steampowered.com/app/220740/
    txR@sk1ll: i don't know these games ?
    Bluefin: http://store.steampowered.com/app/214340/
    Bluefin: here are the links
    txR@sk1ll: Maybe, have to see the gameplay
    txR@sk1ll: Im more a fps player
    Bluefin: gameplay is in those links on the steam site but alright
    txR@sk1ll: i play shootmania usually
    Bluefin: just asking because I have extra copies I wanted to give to you
    Bluefin: yeah, this is kind of a puzzle game
    txR@sk1ll: ah ok, well sometimes when i'm really bored of my actual games i could play some of these games :)
    txR@sk1ll: But its ok you dont have to
    Bluefin: that's what I thought, people get bored with shooting non stop
    txR@sk1ll: i will try to find a gameplay video on youtube and i tell you if i could like it ?
    Bluefin: alright, cool
    txR@sk1ll: But will do that a bit later
    txR@sk1ll: you can remove your game ok ?
    Bluefin: ah ok
    txR@sk1ll: Keep it for someone else if i dont want it
    Bluefin: well, thanks, I guess make a screenshot and then your appeal
    txR@sk1ll: Np
    txR@sk1ll: And sorry again for last time.. :)
    Bluefin: thanks, I appreciate it
    txR@sk1ll: i have to go community ?
    txR@sk1ll: for the trade history ?
    Bluefin: click on your profile, then click on "inventory" then click on "more" then click on "view inventory history"
    txR@sk1ll: ah no i found it its ok
    txR@sk1ll: ok
    txR@sk1ll: So enjoy it :)
    Bluefin: thanks, go make your appeal and link me
    txR@sk1ll: How do i link you ?
    txR@sk1ll: just by giving your profile?
    Bluefin: just copy and paste the link
    Bluefin: no, I mean give me the link to the appeal when you are done with it on steamrep
    txR@sk1ll: ah ok
    txR@sk1ll: Yep will do that
    Bluefin: I told one of my admin friends about this and he will talk to a steamrep admin as well to see if you can get unmarked
    txR@sk1ll: Thanks a lot !
    Bluefin: Sure
    txR@sk1ll: Do i have to make appeal anyway?
    Bluefin: Yes, do that too
    txR@sk1ll: kk
  2. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4314381
    txR@sk1ll did give me the flaming lantern mining light for free as an apology for not adding the white vintage whiskered gentleman almost a year and a half ago. Seeing as how he has apologized and given me more than what he owed I hope that his scammer tag will be removed.
  3. txR@sk1ll

txR@sk1ll New User

Steam:
  4. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    It's been quite a while since txR@sk1ll gave me a 2 bud unusual for not including a white vintage whiskered gentleman in a previous trade. It seems that he went above and beyond in apologizing. Would it be possible to remove the scammer tag now?
  5. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    It's been a 1.5 years since txR@sk1ll made amends. Perhaps it's time to lift the ban?
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @txR@sk1ll,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #7: What are Alts
    #8: Public profile, public backpack on ALL your accounts.
    #14: Requested information for Old Appeals

Do you have any other accounts, or accounts that could be connected to you (friend/family/roommate/whatever)?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. txR@sk1ll

txR@sk1ll New User

Steam:
    Hello @Lava ,
    Thank you for answering my request.

Yes I have an other steam account which is :
    STEAM ID32: STEAM_0:1:42181415
    STEAM ID64: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ph33r_us_th3_m0st
    STEAMREP: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044628559

My main account is :
    STEAM ID32: STEAM_0:0:6365
    STEAM ID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960278458/
    STEAMREP: http://steamrep.com/?id=76561197960278458

As for the point #14
    • As explained above in this thread. I forgot to add an item in the trade and once the trade was accepted, I realized we both forgot about that item. I thought a small time about giving it back or not and finaly made the wrong decision to keep it for myself and so I removed Bluefin from my friend list and ignored his requests to get it back.
    • Did you pay back the victim(s)? I haven't paid him except as for an apology for my behavior I gave him back his original item without counterparts.
    • Did you appeal before? No.
    • Do you have alternate accounts? Yes, See above
    • Do you have/had reputation threads on some of the communities? No.
    Please let me know if you need other informations.

Kind regards.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @txR@sk1ll,

Your appeal has been reviewed and your ban will be removed for the following reasons:
    • Time already served as banned for the offense
    • Lack of other reports against your account
    • Lack of ideal evidence of the offense(s)
    • Low severity of the offense(s)
    • Repayment to the victim(s)
    • Age of the appeal without admin response
    For the future, be very careful and open/honest in your transactions, and keep good records of large transactions in case there are any disputes. Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #24: Your appeal was granted, what now?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    txR@sk1ll likes this.