1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561197996869097 [scrap.tf] Geel9

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by WittyUsername, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60108751
    Scammer

|steamID: [scrap.tf] Geel9
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:18301684
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996869097
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/geel9
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197996869097

Victim
    (refer to screen shots)

DESCRIPTION:
    I am here to report the makers of the infamous website scrap.tf as scammers. Before i get the great comments of people flaming, let me explain. Scrap.tf hosted a raffle a little bit ago. This website was hosted on their website not raffle house or anything. The winner were drawn for the raffle and the prizes were SOPPOSED to be handed out. They were not. One of the people who WON the raffle posted a thread on their steam group asking basically where their rewards were? So me and many others thought, "oh well they must be busy". So it was given time for them to figure their stuff out and they have yet to hand out the prizes. Recently jessecar96, the co creator of scrap.tf posted a response to the post in their group. He says that he has asked geele many times to hand out the rewards and he REFUSES. Under the www.tf2r.com policies they ban players for not handing out prizes. and I KNOW they did not host it on www.tf2r.com but just keep in mind out tf2r deals with people not handing out prizes and how geele should be delt with.
    1. Trading with known scammers (see below)
    2. Charge-back or Reversal
    3. Quick-switching items
    4. Receiving the item and not paying
    5. Providing or soliciting fake reputation claims ("fake rep")
    6. Using fake middleman
    7. Impersonating and acting as an imposter
    8. Spycrabbing and then not paying
    9. Accomplice to a scammer (ignorance is not an excuse)
    10. Brokering (selling on behalf of) scammers and scammed items
    11. Hijacking or hacking other traders (also includes phishing)
    12. Alternate account of a tagged scammer
    13. Falsifying evidence to SteamRep
    14. Using game or Steam exploits to profit on trades
    15. Anything that is deemed as deceptive or fraudulent activity by SteamRep admins
    That is what steam rep considers a scam. Im not sure what they did fits exactly into those but i do feel that it should be discussed. MANY people entered their raffle and have waited a long time for their prizes but to no avail. As you can see jessecar96 has asked geele many times to hand out the prizes but he has not and geele may not even HAVE the prizes. Read this report from the standpoint of not knowing who geele and jessecar are, as if they didint own scrap.tf, if they were just normal players like you and me. I would hope something can be done about this. The reason i am not signing in on my steam account is because i dont feel as if it is necessary for this. I can if that would make everything go smoother but can an admin please look into this, thank you.
    ScrapTF.PNG ScrapTF2.PNG ScrapTF3.PNG
  2. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    If any more info is needed, just ask.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    The 3rd screenshot with the winners, where is that page? Do you have a link for this raffle and where it was held?

Edit: Also you need to sign in with your SteamID or we won't be able to process your report.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    Sure, would i have to open a new report when i sign into my account? Also here is the link you asked for http://scrap.tf/raffle
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
  6. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    Ok, i believe i have done this correctly, is there anything i can do to help?
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    So you're not one of the parties involved? We don't typically support second-hand scam reports. Especially on a matter that could be a matter of timing, etc, with all of the participants understanding the situation.

Can you clarify what claim you have on this scam report? In theory this should be someone who was actually wronged and not an outsider.
  8. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    I wish i was one of the people that won the raffle XD. I believe i did enter the raffle though, i dont quite remember. But the thing is in the screen shots jessecar goes out to say that geele will not even hand out the prizes. I would be more than willing to get one of the winners in here to comment on the ticket. But i believe i was wronged because upon entering the raffle i was under the impression that i had a chance to win something, when NOBODY AT ALL had a chance to win something.
  9. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    I see you have geele as a friend mattie, jessecar tried talking to him, maybe if you talk to him you can convince him to pay up? And would you like me to ask one of the people that were one of the winners to comment on this ticket?
  10. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes, please get one of the winners to chime-in. Since you are not one of the winners, it's very hard to make a judgement here whether they are aware of the situation and are coming to a different arrangement with geel9, etc. It sounds like Jessecar isn't aware of the exact status either.

If one of the winners felt they were scammed here, then they should be reporting this scam. An outsider won't know the status of any agreement or if they were notified of delays, etc.

I have talked to geel9 in the past. I'll send him a note to comment on this, but that could wait until an appeal if some of the people actually chimed-in with complaints that they haven't received their items and feel that scrap.tf will not deliver.
  11. WittyUsername

WittyUsername New User

Steam:
    I added most of the winners to discuss this with them and the ones that were online at the time said they would come here and comment. Just wanted to post this as an update, thanks mattie! for the quick responses!
  12. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18301684
    We'll be handing out the raffle items shortly.

On the topic of "refusing" to do so: it should be common knowledge that Jesse and I have a relationship such that we consider it funny to exaggerate about each other negatively in public. I never refused to.
  13. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    By shortly, one can expect it to be done within around 7-10 days.
  14. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Excellent!

Perhaps this can be put down to lack of communication or similar, I am sure in future endeavors this sort of thing can avoided.
  15. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    I hope you aren't handing out the prizes solely because this has been brought to SteamRep's attention.

I also find it unsettling that the raffle has ended over a month ago (which imo is ample time to deliver the prizes), and more importantly the fact that you don't even have all of the items in your backpack, which to me implies that you weren't intending on giving them away at all.

This is only my assumption of course based on the facts I see, and may or may not be true, but should definitely be considered.
  16. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    Yes, well, you know what they say about assumptions.
  17. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Hey Geel-- just wanted to get an update on this. I did see some of the items move from "Unclaimed" to "Claimed", but I wanted to hear the latest for this.

Thanks in advance!
    ForteSP likes this.
  18. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    I'm periodically checking the list for anyone online and adding them and giving them their prizes.

Many people don't respond or haven't been online for weeks, and it is slow going.

In addition my (unrelated) tradeban made this much harder
  19. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Probably best to just go ahead and send invites to them all, right? No need to wait for them to be online before sending invites. Now that Steam lets you message when offline, if they accept your invite when you're not around, you can leave them a message.

I've looked at some of the unclaimed and many allow comments on their profile. Please leverage that so everyone can see that scrap.tf is actively trying to resolve this.

Let's get this resolved quickly because the delays are really unfortunate. :( We're coming up on 3 months after the raffle.
  20. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    I've given out all the prizes to those who would respond. There are seven unclaimed prizes; they have either not responded to my attempts to contact them or have not been online in weeks.

I will continue to attempt to contact them, but I feel as if the issue has been resolved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.