1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561197997252702 SPONGE (SOP Caution)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<), Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<)

+SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<) Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18493487
    |steamID: +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<)
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:18493487
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997252702
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nadespam
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997252702

Just noticed I recieved a SOP Caution for what must have been from the SOP ban I recieved 9 months ago back in May 2012. I assume this is because of a disagreement with Butane which earned me the SOP ban and not because I've traded dishonestly in any way. I freely admit that I logged into SOP 9 months ago using an alt to protest my ban for posting too many sales threads and do apologise for some comments made. However, I did not carry out any dishonest trading nor did I attempt to make any gain dishonestly and have never done so. As I assumed Steamrep is supposed to be unbiased and non personal I feel that my Steamrep caution for SOP is unrelated to trading and simply because Butane is a member of SOP admins. Given that I'm most likely appealing to Butane anyway sort of makes the whole system laughable. I hope I'm wrong. Whatever, either way I have not traded dishonestly nor attempted to. If I have and you can you please enighten me.

PS. Can't belive I'm writing this crap for a game item trading system. But I guess no one likes being accused of dishonesty whatever the situation :/

cheers
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<)

Steam:
    I freely admit to have many alt accounts and have done for a long time. I have at least 10 alts and I use them for idling to increase drops and turn items into metal. Many traders do this. Using alts is also cheaper than buying a backpack expander and allows you to stash your items elsewhere rather than in your gaming account.
    Here's my backpack: http://tf2b.com/tf2/76561197997252702
    You will see that it contains a large collection of items and this account I use for gaming. My alts are used for farming items and storage and this is common practice.

What it seems you're suggesting is that I was using an alt dishonestly and you've shown no evidence of this. Yes I logged into SOP using an alt but I certainly did not attempt to scam, deceive or use it to gain from it by using it dishonestly. Sure I made a rant about being banned from SOP for posting too many sales threads but that too was not dishonest, it was a matter of opinion and you banned me for raising the issue in the forum. I have no wish to use sourceop and haven't done for what must be 9 months now so why you personally decide to give me a Steamrep caution tag for SOP 9 months after the event without any evidence that my trading has been dishonest seems to be inconsistent with what Steamrep is, does and stands for. Steamrep is supposed to be a 'scammer' database that allows traders to check to see if other 'traders' have been involved in scamming or dishonest trading or buying selling scammed or stolen items. If you're going to start handing out tags to trusted traders that have not traded dishonestly then I guess it's begs the question, how fair is Steamrep now and can it be trusted as a reliable source? If Steamrep is to remain trusted by the trading community it needs to be fair, unbiased and consistent with it's own rules. Bringing SOP forum disputes into Steamrep seems a little personal don't you think? Steamrep wouldn't and didn't hand out tags unless there was proof of dishonest trading, so now that your part of Steamrep can we assume that this has changed? I hope not.

FYI: I created TF2FairTrade.com to help traders, offer trading tips and advice to help prevent them getting scammed. I promote Steamrep as a reputable source that should be used to help traders avoid being scammed or trade with untrustworthy traders. I hope that you can reconsider my caution tag which infers that I've been involved in dishonest trading of some sort, when really this is not the case.
  4. +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<)

Steam:
    While you're making your decision ...
    Please don't forget Steamrep is a 'scammer database' not a means to carry out your own personal crusades.
    If I've attempted to scam anyone or been involved in trading dishonestly please prove it. Otherwise take your racism and narrow-minded views elsewhere and stop abusing your position, again!

[​IMG]
  5. +SPONGE+ (>NUTTER<)

Steam:
    Seems Steamrep is becoming as inconsistent as SourceOP and unsurprising. Inconsistent rules and now Steamrep moderators dishing out bans for whatever they feel like with no real chance to appeal even after 12 months. Nor can they be bothered to view appeals so basically once you have a ban or caution you're pretty much stuck with it regardless.

Just to put the record straight. I posted more than 2 sales threads in SOP forum and received a ban for breaking a rule that didn't exist. I was then told that the limit was 2 after my ban. When I used an alt to question the decision (and apologise to forum mod) I received a perm ban even though I used exactly the same name I didn't pretend to be anyone other than myself. 9 months later received a Steamrep tag for the same incident. What bugs me is when I posted more than 2 sales threads on SOP still goes on (below) and I've never once been involved in anything other than honest and fair trading otherwise I would have a SCAMMER TAG.

Same rules should apply to all but no. Not only that, being banned from SOP for such a petty reason hardly warrants a Steamrep tag 9 months later.

Handing Steamrep over to clueless SourceOP moderators simply ruined Steamrep's integrity and community trust.

[​IMG]
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Hello, I am a SteamRep admin and I have been brought on to review this case as an impartial party. I am NOT a SourceOp admin, nor am I normally on the SteamRep appeals staff.

I would ask that you please not insult SteamRep, SourceOP, or any other communities during this appeal. While I understand your frustration, it is not necessary to toss out insults against staff members or communities. As the team lead for the SteamRep Scam Reports staff, I can assure you that all of our tags are 100% evidence based. Our integrity continues to be a priority and we do not take any negative tags lightly.

In addition, SteamRep moderators are unable to apply tags. SOP tags are handled by SOP admins. While SOP appeals are handled on our site, we do allow them the same autonomy as we do all of our other Associate and Affiliate communities. It is apparent that you had some incorrect assumptions here, so I just wanted to make sure those were cleared. :)

I have locked the thread while I investigate this. Please feel free to PM me directly with any comments or questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    This appeal has been sitting too long for another admin to deal with, but, I still stand by the caution. Feel free to contact another admin directly if you wish, I will not grant the appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.