1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561197998896531 SOP SCAMMER

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BluPhoenix, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluPhoenix

BluPhoenix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19315401
    | steamname: BluPhoenix
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:19315401
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998896531
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HeavyIsSandvich
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197998896531

I went on a bit of a scamming spree back in the earlier days of tf2 trading (years ago at this point). One day, I got caught, reported to steam, and lost my entire account. I sent in a support ticket to steam regarding it, they gave me back my account and warned me that if I did something like that again, the ban would be permanent. As punishment, I also had my entire backpack deleted. Flash forward to years later, my backpack is back and stronger than even before- and this is through absolutely 0 non-legitimate trades.

Fortunately, I was able to dig up my support ticket from way back when.

Here, you can see a younger me trying to play innocent with a steam support rep. (Dang this is almost 3 years old)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Needless to say, I'm pretty grateful for this second chance- I could have lost my entire steam account. My SteamRep ban is 100% fair, and ultimately deserved. Steam was forgiving enough to give me a another try, and I'd appreciate if SteamRep would be generous enough to do the same.
  2. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    What did you steal in your crime spree and have you returned the items to all victims?
  3. BluPhoenix

BluPhoenix New User

Steam:
    Unsure of what exactly I grabbed, but I know that festive crates/craft hats were involved for the most part.

Returning the items wasn't possible, however. My backpack was deleted upon the account being returned to me.
  4. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Seems like you have a backpack full of stuff right now - why can't you make it right to those you stole from now?
  5. BluPhoenix

BluPhoenix New User

Steam:
    I have zero idea who the people I stole from are.
  6. BluPhoenix

BluPhoenix New User

Steam:
    Looking back through my backpack history, It only goes so far back as October 2011.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    conditionally downgraded pending no further issues.
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.