1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198010324716 Edward (ASBO Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Woodnote, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Woodnote

Woodnote New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25029494
    | steamname: Woodnote
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:25029494
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010324716
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/woodnote
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198010324716

I'd like to begin my stating that it is a very big deal for me to do this. I have never had a problem with this tag, until recently when I tried to log in on trade websites like TF2 Outpost and so on.

I currently work in a PC Games store, and I get lots of game keys on really great deals that I usually sell. Lately I've had problems with this stupid scammer tag, that I don't even deserve, and people will refuse my trade even though I agree going first, or using a middleman. It's a complete nightmare.

The facts: It all happened a while back, when the ASBO servers still existed. It was one of their giveaways and I was logged in, from a pc cafe` that's like.. 1 block away from where I live. All the computers probably had the same IP. I was with my mates, and all of them thought it would be cute if they all changed their names to mine. So we all had a few laughs, until one of them decides to screw around with the admin. Wich was perfectly fine for him, because he didn't care whether he would get banned or not. The problem is that we all got banned! Even though I did not even say a word to that respective admin. I do not know who is the admin in cause, and why he added the Scammer tag, wich is the thing that bothers me most. I have never cheated on everyone EVER on Steam.

I am an active trader now, and I would like justice to be made.

P.S: Thank you for taking your time and reading my appeal. I am waiting for an responsive.

Best regards,
    Edward.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Woodnote,

Your appeal thread has been categorized into: All Other Tag Appeals

Please read this topic: SteamRep: Appeal tips
    If after reading that you have any missing information in your appeal, you can append/correct information by making posts in your appeal topic.

PS: This reply does not mean your appeal is under investigation or being worked on yet. It is just a first call to complete your information. So that when investigation starts, the appeal admin can work faster through the appeal.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Woodnote,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Woodnote,

- Current pending SR report. Asked a fellow admin to process the report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198010324716-promaetheus.32969/
    - Currently having a Valve Trade Ban.

Actions for you:
    - I'll advice responding on the pending SR Report before my fellow admin will handle that.
    - On the appeal tips topic, linked above, is a point about possible alts. As you have been linked to a bunch of accounts, please recount them all, and name who'se those where.
    - a explanatory on the valve trade ban.

A period of 7 days has been set to supply the answer(s).
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hidden Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Woodnote,

I tell you what happened on ASBO:
    - A guy won the event, his name was "Showtek_PT": http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198046769781
    - YOU changed your name to "Showtek_PTs" right after the event. (picture )
    - Linking your account ID with the nick back then: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-06/76561198010324716-15f6o9u.png

I cannot grant the appeal, on the following grounds:
    - Lied in appeal
    - Other offenses of later date (valve trade ban, report on SR)

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014