1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198012274834/Nurse Doublechief/Asbo scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Nurse Doublechief, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Nurse Doublechief

Nurse Doublechief New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26004553
    Steamname: Nurse Doublechief
    TeamID32: STEAM_0:0:26004553
    TeamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012274834
    CustomURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/doublechief
    Steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198012274834

During the late summer of 2009 I THINK, I lost all access to my steam account, one of my oldest friends had given me a website offering free Steam games if I entered in my Username and Password and of course I did it thinking "Yeah this could work" and before long I lost all access to my account. I was entirley confused as to why this happened so when trying to GET access everything was changed, although I don't have the username and ID my account was changed to it have a revalence to weed or something idiotic like that following with a picture of some dude in black and white with a giant weed logo.
    This account takeover lasted for around two days due to me spamming the people over at Steam for my account back since they'd contacted me and said to wait, so during that time period I had no control over my account and not entirley sure as to WHAT the person did. Although I will infact admit I did sort of scam someone ATLEAST one time literally hours before the Mannconomy update on TF2, I'd like to start playing on some of the servers that follow the SteamRep guildines and such along with TF2 Warehouse and Outpost, thank you for reading and such and eh.. That's it. :x
  2. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
  3. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    It's been two weeks and I'm starting to get pretty impatient, is something going to happen or not?
  4. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Eventually, yes. Patience is key here as the mods and admins are pretty busy with the constant inflow of scam reports.
  5. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    *Sigh*
    You're right, I'll wait it out I guess :C thanks!
  6. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    Hi, um, it's been about three months since I posted this. I'd really like some feedback here.
  7. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I hate to say it, but it might be awhile before this one is taken care of. I should have mentioned this in my last post, but DataStorm usually takes care of ASBO tags from what I can tell, and he's been inactive for awhile.

I'd suggest getting a pm to one of the other admins, see if they can speed this up. Make sure you have your support ticket from when you were hijacked ready to show.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Nurse Doublechief,

Your appeal thread has been categorized into: All Other Tag Appeals

Please read this topic: SteamRep: Appeal tips
    If after reading that you have any missing information in your appeal, you can append/correct information by making posts in your appeal topic.

PS: This reply does not mean your appeal is under investigation or being worked on yet. It is just a first call to complete your information. So that when investigation starts, the appeal admin can work faster through the appeal.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hidden Notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:

1st question:
    Please provide screenshots of your steam support ticket. Also, be aware that you have to strike out any account information you used to regain the account (cd keys, payment information etc).

We need this to establish if you really where hijacked. No, you cannot link us to the ticket, for only you and steam support can view it.

Again: please be mindful for information that is not needed. What we DO need is:
    - Ascertain it is YOUR account involved in the ticket.
    - when exactly you regained your account.

2nd question:
    Your account got hijacked in 2009, and only in 2013 you regained it?

You have 7 days from this post to respond with all the answers.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014