1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198023505913 Arsène (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by RickAstley, Dec 11, 2013.

1. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31620092
    | steamname: Arsène
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:31620092
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023505913
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/arsenerupan
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198023505913

Hello, I woke up this morning to find a message from my best friend (imgettingonepure) saying that I had been marked a scammer and banned on sourceop, and that he was really sorry.

I don't care what he did, or whether or not he is innocent. I can only vouch for my own innocence. I'm not quite sure why our friend who lives in San Francisco was banned. I'm not quite sure why I was banned. But I don't want my trading career to end because of my friend's mistakes.

Specifically, I've been banned because my steam account is an alt account for my best friend. He wishes it was.

I'll provide any information needed, I'm not quite sure how to provide you with evidence, but I'll do my best. I hope my tone isn't one of hostility or disrespect. I'm just confused and upset.
  2. Sodomy

Sodomy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9634533
    Tell your friend I would very much like it if he would add me and trade me back my unusual and I would gladly give him back his 3 keys. He had said he would trade $75(via paypal) + 3 keys for my unusual and deleted and went offline after the trade (never sent the money). I'm willing to forgive him if he complies.
  3. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Sorry friend, I don't know what you're talking about. I've gotten scammed before though, sucks hard. Good luck!
  4. Sodomy

Sodomy New User

Steam:
    You just said imgettingonepure is your best friend, can you talk to him?
  5. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Sure man, I sent him a message. I'm not really talking to him anymore though, at least not until I get my mark removed. I'm peeved.
  6. Sodomy

Sodomy New User

Steam:
    Thank you, I really appreciate it. I just want this whole thing resolved.
  7. Dom the Engie

Dom the Engie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32756150
    I'll apologize here too. I've work things out with Sodomy, and sorry for getting all of you guys at Stan banned.. It was simply a misunderstanding. Hopefully the mods can rectify the situation.
  8. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Day 2, have not been contacted. Nobody wants to speak to me?
  9. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Hello, I wanted to participate in the reddit Secret Santa event, but I've been informed by the mods that I can no longer participate because I am marked. If I get my mark removed, I can participate, and I would really like to. Could this be looked at before the 16th? I would be really grateful..
  10. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Is there anything I could do that would be helpful to prove that I am not an alt? That is why I am marked, and I am not guilty of breaking that community rule. Would a photo of the two of us help? Multiple photos? Anectodes? Perhaps a meeting on a server? I'm sick of having this stupid tag. It's like being on a sex offender's list, and I haven't even done anything.
  11. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    I've been told that if my appeal hasn't been touched after the 1st day, my chances are basically nil. That sucks hard. I'll just keep posting "evidence" then, because I have no idea what you guys are looking for. Here is the complete inventory of my 'private friend' who is also accused of being an alt. His account is the oldest out of all of ours.

I've attached some images to the forum itself. The rest can be found in my imgur album.
    http://imgur.com/a/XfrY5[​IMG]
  12. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    I also have some anecdotal evidence, if that even matters.

I created my steam account when the free Portal promo was released, which was 2009-2010. I don't quite remember. Portal was free for about a week. I then began playing Team Fortress 2 around the mac update, as the only pc I had at the time was a mac. I got my earbuds from that update, they were level 36. I then took a haitus from TF2 right before the polycount sets were released. I remember being really excited for those.

I began playing TF2 again my senior year of highschool when I found out buds were a valuable item worth around $35. I began trading a little bit, and I introduced my best friend Brett to TF2. At this time, which was around March, we didn't really seriously trade, we hung around trade servers and tried to find good deals using backpack.tf, etc. Back when keys were 4 ref. Heh.

Around this time, Brett lost a bet with me, and he gave me his l'etrenger, which I had been wanting because of the polycount sets. This was before they were removed, of course. You can see for yourself my going to backpack.tf and checking out the history of my l'etrenger. It's under the fedora.

Spy has always been my best class. Brett has always sucked at tf2, always being more of a trader because of the economics classes he took. I've played TF2 much more than him, mostly dustbowl, which is my favorite map. Quite a few people on that server know me, and personally I don't think I would be as "good" as I am if I had spent that much time trading like Brett. http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=3095722

I've played on dustbowl for YEARS.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to say. I HATE THIS MARK.
  13. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    [​IMG]

MFW :mad: :mad:

Hopefully that's enough to garner a steam interview?
  14. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    I'm interested in knowing exactly what makes me suspicious.

I'm totally open to answering any questions, any questions at all would reassure me.

Even a denial of my appeal would be satisfying. All the others caught up in this alt affair have either been denied or accepted, I'm still waiting.
  15. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Heheheh.
    John is Joel McHale. One of the people that liked it is Blake, who was also banned in this banning spree. We still give Brett a hard time.
    evid.png
  16. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    Would like to request a deletion of the thumbnail in the post with the imgur album. It contains my steam username. I have deleted the screenshot from the album, so I would like the thumbnail with my visible username deleted as well.
  17. RickAstley

RickAstley New User

Steam:
    It's been almost a year. I'm still waiting. Want my inventory history?
  18. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I went threw thousands of connection logs at various trade sites, you were using the same network connection the fakerep was left form not more then 3 hours after, your account connected closer to that used to leave the comments then the actual scammers account, it also didn't help the scammer has been proven a liar making your claim more suspect. I do concede you are likely not the same user tho you seem to have a very very large amount of shared connections with the other user and yes, some of those IPs were from your school 209.xxx. the one in question was not. (Ref; 174.50.142.127) I have no clue if you were involved or not so their is not enough to warrant a full banned tag under the circumstances and will downgrade to a caution.

If you continue to share connections with the user in question tho, I will reapply the tag.