1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198024004462 HyPeR (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by HyPeR, Aug 8, 2013.

1. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31869367
    Steam ID: HyPeR
    Steam ID32: STEAM_0:0:31869367
    Steam ID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024004462/home
    CustomURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CORR3HyPeR/
    SteamRepURL: http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198024004462

I have been reported as a game scammer and have (pretended) to be a valve employee. I was only doing the Valve impersonation to my friends becuase i kept getting some guy targeted me try to steal my account and i tricked my friends into thinking i actually worked for Valve. They would give me there account info and then i told that them that i was actually impersonating a scammer and told them how easily they gave up their account info. I then deleted all the information that they sent my about their accounts. i have a friend that said he would be willing to testify. He is one of them i did it too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042269579/
  2. personwhoplaygames

personwhoplaygames New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41406373
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    Can someone look at this please?
  5. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    just bumping this up because you have not even bothered looking at it.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  7. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    Well look reaper, no offence to you or other admins but there are appeals from 2 YEARS ago they haven't even been looked at you all really need to start processing more appeals and less commenting on them saying wait.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    we try to stay on top, but ppl keep replying making a mess out of things
  9. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    I can understand you having problems with things like that but this rate i wont be allowed back on trading servers for another 5 years and neither will anyone else.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We aren't really REQUIRED to do appeals, but we do them to rule out errors that might have been made by the admin doing the reports. As that report already has been processed by a SR admin, there was already a ruling on it. The appeals process is there to make sure the report was legit, and in some cases errors get corrected, some other cases get the tag lifted with the changed guidelines we had over the years, and some other cases we grant the appeals for we feel that the appealer has either served their time and the offense was light enough to grant it. In almost all other cases the appeals get denied. You have not 1, but 2 reports against you, which indicates that it was a pattern, not a incident, and in one you actually stole something. Now, you have read the appeal tips by now I assume.... we assessed the appeal when you made it, and you where allowed to have one by not archiving it, but we saw no priority indicators. Why would you be a priority?

Also, I've not seen any convincing reason yet to grant the appeal. You told about "what" you did, and in some extend "why", but that was countered with the 6 key value successful scam that you repaid to that victim.
  11. HyPeR

HyPeR New User

Steam:
    The thing is though, it wasn't a pattern. Those I admit both happened during the same week so it isn't really a pattern and if it was a pattern, why has nothing else popped up about me since then. And on the other thing saying that there is no convincing reason to grant the appeal and you saying what I did why I did it etc but that being countered by the scam EVEN THOUGH I personally sent him a message apologizing and OFFERING to compensate him for the keys i scammed him of so that he knew i was sorry for what i did. I also have to admit i was young when i did these things so i probably wasn't thinking of the consequences and have since really cleaned my attitude toward other players up and that has been shown by no further reports showing up. So if that isn't good enough to at least try to get it lifted then i might as well give up.
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -Repayment was made over a year later, too long for us to consider for appeals sake.
    -You mentioned both incidents occurred the same week, this is not so, they were two months apart.
    -I will concede the impersonation case alone is worth a caution, but with the other issue (that alone is definitely ban worthy) a banned tag was and is still appropriate.
    -Furthermore, as Silentreaper mentioned, I otherwise, see no compelling reason to consider the appeal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**