1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198029585065 Civilian (Banned by RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Civillian, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Civillian

Civillian Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34659668
    | steamname: Civilian
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:34659668
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029585065
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/civilian41
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198029585065

Hello, the former trading servers RAWR banned me 2 or so years ago for regretfully scamming some vintage weapons from 5 or so people who agreed to my fake buy-in boxing match. I am asking to remove my scammer tag because I do not think this type of action deserves a ban longer than more than 2 years. Especially if RAWR doesn't exist anymore.
    Thank you for reading.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Scamming is scamming, now or ten years ago. What kind of deterrent is it if scammers knew they could just appeal two years later and get away with it via appeal?
  3. Civillian

Civillian Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34659668
    I don't think a ban from almost every trading server for more than 2 years is really getting away with it. I tried to contact the people and give their stuff back +more but they don't play this game. I will not scam anymore and I have completely learned my lesson, I just want a good trading server to try and sell my stuff fairly. Please appeal this, I would understand if it was a hat or something but its less than a refined metal that completely destroyed my trading for more than 2 years.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Civillian,

Your appeal thread has been categorized into: All Other Tag Appeals

Please read this topic: SteamRep: Appeal tips
    If after reading that you have any missing information in your appeal, you can append/correct information by making subsequent posts in this appeal topic.

PS: This reply does not mean your appeal is under investigation or being worked on yet. It is just a first call to complete your information. So that when investigation starts, the appeal admin can work faster through the appeal.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Civillian,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Civillian,

Please read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/

I'm asking a few questions, I require an answer to those within 7 days:

1. Do you have any alts (see point #7 in above linked topic).
    2. You where pointed out to RAWR to appeal THERE 2.5 years ago ( http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198029585065-civillian-rawr-scammer.859/ ), what was the outcome for that appeal?
    3. Payback of victims, did that really happen? provide proof by showing screenshots of inventory history within the steam browser, link the profiles of those victims with full profile SteamRep ID blocks and contact them to reply on your appeal here about it if they are willing. Screenshot of the chat if they're not is fine too.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You had way more then a week to respond to above questions. I'm archiving your appeal.

I'll leave the possibility for a re-appeal open, provided you also provide the requested information I asked for above.