1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198030016198(Spy Guy[S>Weps-1 Scrap Ea])

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by gukingofheart, Jul 23, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Possible Scammer
    | steamname: Spy Guy[S>Weps-1 Scrap Ea]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:34875235
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030016198
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198030016198

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LifeisGoodRaffles

This guy is a group owner for trade raffles. He's the main guy in charge of the raffles, and sometimes handing out the prizes. As an owner of a raffle trade, why does he have 6 scammers on his friends list?
    That's a lot of scammers, don't you think?

Also, he's also picks the admins for the group..something he did not do responsibly since my friend got scammed by one of their admins.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198071542855.36569/
    (BTW, Valve Trade Banned this guy)

I would like this owner to receive some kind of warning at the very least to take a lot more responsibilities for his raffle and who he chooses for admins.
  2. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Thank you for reporting, Pretender will look into this when he can.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. -RB- J L W c n s z 3

-RB- J L W c n s z 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34875235
    Very funny, as to you reporting me for keeping a clean group nonetheless, just because there's scammers on my list means, nothing I trade a lot, I've completed over 3 thousand trades, and just because one of my admins is a scammer, well he's been clean for quite sometime, nothing has happened since he was my admin. First of all why report me when nothing bad has happened? And at first the admin who scammed in my group, which I currently never use now, he made the decision, he was clean at first, now he's banned because of his actions. And if my name shows up something different, you can call me Corespy, Corey, or Spy, becuase personally I could care less.
  4. nathannehemiah

nathannehemiah Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58187902
    scammer in friend list doesnt mean anything , and obviously he doesnt know if he picked scammer or not a scammer to be a mod ,he already cleaned up that scammer , i dont think corespy should get trade banned since hes not doing wrong
  5. -RB- J L W c n s z 3

Steam:
    Thanks for understanding, just because we've made wrong decisions in the past, doesn't necessarily mean we haven't changed since then!
  6. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Guess Pretender didn't have the time to make a decision yet :)
    I was annoyed that a friend of mine got scammed by an admin(to him he was a real admin since he was a trading newbie).

Nothing more to say, all you can do is see if an admin/mod makes a decision or not.
  7. -RB- J L W c n s z 3

Steam:
    Well, you've brought up the fact, that I have a scammer as an admin, well that's still true, doesn't necessarily means he's bad, he also recently got hacked by phishers, not the normal phishing link. He's great nonetheless. Well, I haven't had a chat with your friend in a while not, sure if he moved on or not. Well have a good one, and still why report me when I've done nothing bad, and Poontah started out great, then turned towards scamming, I had no clue until someone told me.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'm not handling this report, I respond for the forum report on the post of gukingofhearts.

- Reporting a forum post as being offensive is NOT intended to be used for disagreements in a Scammer report like this. See: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/#post-98200
    - While you may be clean, your "admin" or w/e isn't. If he fulfills a role in a raffle group, that means you are trading with him prizes, stakes or w/e. Which would fall under the trading with reported scammers rules of SR. Consequently, this goes for the participants of your raffle group as well. As a whole it shows a total disregard of risks to your raffle "community". Therefore the report is justified and up for scrutiny. What a admin will decide upon this report is still up for grabs, but you are risking your own rep, and your community member's rep with this.

I've rejected the forum post report.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. -RB- J L W c n s z 3

Steam:
    This has been the past, and this would be great if this could please be removed, so I therefore wouldn't have a pending report on steamrep, it get's in the way of things I'm doing for the community, such as giving back. It would mean a lot if this could get closed already, I've moved on from this problem and started enforcing a whole lot more from my raffle group staff, such as going through and checking if they are a scammer or have scammer friends, as I would not put them as one. I've changed from then and you can add me for the whole rest of the story, as this was just the one and only incident that happened, not only was it on my group at the time, but on several others.
  10. -RB- J L W c n s z 3

Steam:
    Will this ever get closed as it's all unnecessary and there was no proof of scamming? This really is hurting my reputation. I was reported because I was once a friend to a scammer. It wasn't just me as well. This user at the time was a moderator in several other raffle groups, why weren't those owners of those group reported?
  11. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be a scam, as per our investigative policy (please see my signature).

Thanks for the report nevertheless.