1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198038634777 ZniperToast (Banned by ASBO )

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ZniperToast, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ZniperToast

ZniperToast New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39184524
    steamID: ZniperToast
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:39184524
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/76561198038634777
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZniperToast/
    steamrepURL http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198038634777

Uhm okay so.. i've been marked as a ASBO scammer for a long time and I know i have been. I havent really bothered to get it lifted since i pretty much only played tf2 and didnt trade very much very often. The ''OH GOD ITS A SCAMMER'' Or being banned from a ton of servers has really affected me. I've wanted to get the scammer tag taken off since i've wanted to become a mod/admin of KK(KritzKast) and they said i'd have to get my tag taken off before i'd be put into consideration. Heres the story, a year or so back i remember getting messages from a mate of ''CLICK HERE LOGIN FOR FREE STEAM GAMES'' stupidly i fell for it and clicked on it and got my account taken, i issued a plead for help to steam support on the 21st of May 2011, after three days i had got my account back to find i had been banned from some of my favourite servers and had a scammer tag on me. Heres some proof of the steamrep conv.

Hi,

just had my account hijack at 10 oclock today,

they have change my e-mail and log in detail,
    my steam account user name is zkull0,

please could you resend me a new login to this email address so I could go back in and change my details

thanks

Jake

Hello Jake,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

It appears as though the account may have been hijacked by another user. Please follow the link below and take the prescribed steps to ensure the security of the account in the future:

TITLE: Account Security Recommendations
    URL:

I have reset the account password and sent the new login information in a separate e-mail. If you do not receive the e-mail and you are running a Spam filter, check and make sure the e-mail is not being filtered as spam.

Note: Passwords are all numbers.

The new Secret Question will be set to (Cut this per

The answer to the Secret Question is the new password that we have sent to you as mentioned above.

Once you login to the Steam Account, please change your password, secret question and validate your email address as outlined here:

Title: Resetting an Account Password and Secret Question
    Link:

To safeguard your account further, please take advantage of Steam Guard:

Title: Steam Guard
    Link:

Steam Guard is an additional level of security that can be applied to your Steam account. With Steam Guard, a second level of security is applied to your account, making it harder for your Steam account to fall into the wrong hands.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Hi

Thanks, got my account back now,

thanks again for your help

Jake
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Jake Tang
    Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:32 PM
    Subject: RE: Hijack account - [6767-IPZB-4637] [f72181b0]

Hello Jake,

I am glad that the issue is resolved.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

Ticket Number 6767-IPZB-4637
    Please, please lift my tag. I would be very grateful :(
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @ZniperToast,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @ZniperToast,

We have some remaining questions that where not answered by your appeal post(s). This may be because your appeal pre-dates our appeal form where such questions where mandatory asked, or not (yet) added to the form.

Please provide Screenshots of the support ticket. Text paste's cannot be accepted here as being proof.
    You may blot out personal info of yours in those (use paint) like real name, login name, and especially information you provided to regain your account (cd keys, payment information etc), etc, and then proceed to upload the images to this forum.
    However we must still be able to link the steam support ticket to your account via the screenshots.

Timelimit for providing this information is 7 days.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @ZniperToast,

Unfortunately I didn't receive any response on my above requests.

Hereby I close the appeal. I'll leave the possibility for a re-appeal open. Please provide in such occasion the requested information.