1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198040467136 (ASBO scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [WTF!]Jezus, Nov 13, 2012.

1. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40100704
    |steamID: [WTF!]Jezus
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40100704
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040467136
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040467136

Hello. I wanted to ask you to remove my scammer tag. It happened, when i just started playing tf2. One guy who i communicated with encouraged me to do this, i didnt realised this would happen. I admint i am guilty, but i was stupid and though that scamming people like this is profitable, back then, i didnt even know, that there is a page such as "steamrep". When i stopped communicating with that "friend", i started trading normally, and saw that when i connect to some servers, i am marked as scammer. I though that server admin marked me or something, but one friend, sent me a message and said, "Hey, did you know, that you are marked as scammer?" and sent me this page, then i realised why i am marked in all those servers. I am trading with people normally, without trying to rip them off for sometime now, and that scammer tag really bothers me. People can't leave rep. So please can you consider me?
  2. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    Atleast please downgrade me to caution, so I can use trade servers, because it's hard trade only using 2-3 servers.
  3. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    Are you still considering me?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @[WTF!]Jezus,

This is a notification that your appeal is now under investigation. Please check this topic regularly from now on, for admins may set time-limits on responses on the forum for their questions (normally 7 days) before a appeal will be closed. Hence you may find questions in subsequent posts by the admin that is investigating the appeal, please answer ALL of the questions, for a admin will only start the background investigation once those questions have been answered.

This message indicates the change to "under investigation" of your appeal. Only AFTER this will the admin start processing the appeal. Hence questions may not be asked the same day, but generally within a week (no guarantee) in this appeal topic.

You should reply on this to indicate you are checking the appeal regularly if no questions where asked by the appeal admin (yet).

The reason to close such is to keep things moving once a admin has done its due diligence to complete the required appeal information, and lessen the pile of open appeals. We cannot personally contact each appealer via steam or otherwise to ask them to respond on their appeal, due the volume of such.
    The reason why the background check is only done after responding is to keep moving in appeals, and not have research work done when that had no merit (minimizing workload). There are enough other appeals that didn't lose their interest of trying to appeal, which then can be served faster this way.

Non-responsiveness by the appealer means for the admin that the appeal can be regarded as "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted. This appeal will then be set Invalid, and archived.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @[WTF!]Jezus,

We have some remaining questions that where not answered by your appeal post(s). This may be because your appeal pre-dates our appeal form where such questions where mandatory asked, or not (yet) added to the form.

Do you use any alts, now or in the past, or accounts that could be linked to you (think same household)? Yes/No

If yes, please provide the ID blocks of those.

You have 7 Days to provide those.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    No, this is my only account, I am using it since 2011 I think.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  8. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    That is my friends account. I mean a real friend's, not a guy who I met online. He does not even have premium account on tf2. I just wanted to check tf2 out post with it, because I cannot with mine. I got unusual hat I want to sell. I had even forgotten that I own that hat. When I remember i though why not sell it, because it is still worth some money.
  9. [WTF!]Jezus

[WTF!]Jezus New User

Steam:
    I do not have any thoughts about scamming, because I'll start workin in half a month, I will berely have any time to play games. Just want to sell items, which i do not need anymore.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @[WTF!]Jezus ,

I've decided to remove your tag. Please stay out of further trouble.

The "alt" listed on your page stays marked, for that was your scam buddy back then who didn't appeal. I will however remove the "alt" marking on both profiles.

Good luck in trading.